Home General Discussion

odd bit of graffiti ...

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
danr interpolator
DSCN0298small.jpg

snapped in Old Town Square, prague ...

Smash capitalism AND communism! Yeah!

They're taking over from the extremists : the "middlists". Look out kids - they're wandering the streets of eastern europe in their cosy cardigans and felt hats, inciting anarchy in an attempt to keep things really juuust about right. Pleasantly lukewarm, that's how they like it. And no-one's gonna stand in their way. Keep back now, they've got tea!

Replies

• JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    What's wrong with that?
    You don't have to be a "middlist" and want to keep it lukewarn to realize that both ideologies are fundamentally flawed (capitalism in its current "bigbusiness" existance, and communism in its "reallife" existance, which it is usually associated with in eastern europe). And btw those two ideologies arn't opposides like warn and cold, where the middel (which actually doesn't exist in this case) is automaticly lukewarm (keeping the image wink.gif ).

And read up about real anarchy, it is not what most people think it is.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    Viva le barter system!
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    There is only one absolute truth: There are no absolute truths.
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
    1 a : absence of government b : a state of lawlessness or political disorder due to the absence of governmental authority c : a utopian society of individuals who enjoy complete freedom without government
    2 a : absence or denial of any authority or established order b : absence of order
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    well, i'm hoping to see a new trend develop where more graffiti ruthlessly stamps down on more things that are 'fundamenally flawed' ... "my new shoes are too tight" ... "george lucas keeping directing duties : booo!"

its just not a particularly tough statement is it - that's all i'm saying ... before you went and sucked all the joy from the evening smile.gif ...
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    1 a : absence of government b : a state of lawlessness or political disorder due to the absence of governmental authority c : a utopian society of individuals who enjoy complete freedom without government
    2 a : absence or denial of any authority or established order b : absence of order

[/ QUOTE ]
    That might be the dictionary definition, but not necessarily the political definition.
    It is not exactly about no gouvernment, but about no 'rulers' (but that doesn't mean there aren't rules). But I guess after all everyone has a different definition of it.

[ QUOTE ]
    its just not a particularly tough statement is it - that's all i'm saying ... before you went and sucked all the joy from the evening

[/ QUOTE ]

Jep it is a quite un-creative... it could have been put much better tongue.gif
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    c : a utopian society of individuals who enjoy complete freedom without government

[/ QUOTE ]

dream on bruthah smirk.gif
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    c : a utopian society of individuals who enjoy complete freedom without government

[/ QUOTE ]

dream on bruthah smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

:P I never said that I thought it would be feasable... just that it isn't about complete 'chaos'.

But I do think a system with more 'direct democracy' and less elected 'dictators/rulers' would be worth a try.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    My oppinion of it all is that absolutes never work (at least not in the best way intended). Absolute unregulated free markets breed monopolies, absolute regulated systems breed despotism. But then again I also believe that within society the order increases when no additional "energy" is added. So "permanent revolution" is really the only way to prevent society from becoming an unfeasibly huge bureaucracy or totalitarian. Money tends to accumulate where it already is and vanish from places where it is lacking. Any hierarchy will turn more complex until it reaches a pyramid shape with one ruler as the top instance.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Don't forget that "Greece loves Peace" as well
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Smash illiterate marker toting foreigners. :P
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    thats almost like saying danr did it.

did he? that's the question.
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
    Whoever did it is more politically minded than most ppl who write graffiti. Mostly what i see is Donna 4 Stevo ...
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Not very original, and is it me or does that marker writing style to the right look the same?

I think you have fallen for the brunt of someones joke Danr.