Home General Discussion

Peppers of Mass Destruction!

KDR_11k
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005211088,00.html

Whoa, that gotta HURT! I wonder what happens if you use that as pepperspray...

Replies

• Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    What next, a menthol candy thats so freezing that you get blisters?
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Jalapenos is as far as I'll go on the pepper front. That's just insane.
    I found out the hard way that, when cooking, if you're slicing peppers, don't go to scratch your eye afterwards. That really stings.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BTW, peppersprays are rated 3 million, just for a comparison...
  • iMag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iMag polycounter lvl 18
    please note you're looking at the sun's website. a tabloid in the uk so I wouldn't take anything from there too seriously
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    yeah why dont we just start putting hydrochloric acid on our food.
  • Jes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jes polycounter lvl 18
    Oh, OH... Cyanide! blush.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah why dont we just start putting hydrochloric acid on our food.

Because that actually burns away your flesh instead of merely making your nerves believe it does.
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    don't go to scratch your eye afterwards. That really stings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or go take a leak without washing your fingers before hand. It'll heat up down there in a hurry right after you finish your business. Found out about that the hard way too.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Or go take a leak without washing your fingers before hand. It'll heat up down there in a hurry right after you finish your business. Found out about that the hard way too.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a pretty funny article involving penis vs. jalepeno
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    I love peppers! I'll eat them on all kinds of foods, perhaps a byproduct of my southern upbringing. A few years back, a buddy and I were getting into one of our annual chili cooking outings and decided to up the ante in our spicy batch (we do one 'wuss' chili and one 'manly' chili each time we cook); in a single five-quart crockpot of chili went four diced jalapenos, two diced cerranos, two diced habaneros and a splash of distilled habanero sauce called Yucatan Sunshine.

Alas, this proved to be my threshold for heat, as it took me 45 minutes, two glasses of milk and a half a loaf of bread just to get through one bowl. It was subsequently dubbed 'absolution chili', on the thought that eating a single bowl was so painful it would make up for any sins you'd committed that week. It was painful making it (noted above), it was painful eating it and, yes, it was painful on the way back out. Ouchies. I'm not sure how many Scovilles it takes to absolve you of murder, let's say, but I'm walking the straight and narrow just to avoid any more of that chili.

Once, when I was 11 and at a Chi-Chi's restaurant with my family, I thought I could be clever by taking two sliced jalapeno rings, placing them over my eyes and making funny faces. The faces probably were somewhat funny, as they were mostly scrunched up in various degrees of sobbing and agony as I was assisted into the restroom to rinse out the napalm where my eyeballs used to be. I am still reminded of that event to this day, most notably when my mother meets anyone I'm dating. The pains we must suffer for comedy...
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Oh, man, Vermilion... that "jalapenos over the eyes" story is great. I'm gonna have to try that sometime, if only for the re-telling value later on!
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    I gather that it's much funnier if you can get someone else to do it. Believe me, I was not amused at the time wink.gif
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    Never double up with serranos AND habaneros, Verm. I made that mistake once in a batch of salsa. Only I could eat it, and it was tough even for me. I think I ended up having to make another batch and blend the two, and it was still smokin' hot!