Home Technical Talk

I need the UT2k4 models in Maya format

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
Trying to do this but I don't have Max, can anyone help me out?

Replies

• KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Buzz describes how to do that (including importing the skeleton) in PLE so I believe there has to be a way. Is there a PSK importer for Maya? The PSKs can be found on the last game disc (3 in 2003, 6 in 2004).
  • chip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chip polycounter lvl 18
    Maya PLE can't use .psk as its import option are uber-limited. you can use the Male_Skeleton_Rig available on UDN in both Maya PLE & commercial versions, but it likely won't support all character types, just those that use the HumanMaleA animation set.

also note that PLE's exporter (unEditor.mll) has a few differences from ActorX (which PLE can't use), so you'll have to adapt the UDN info accordingly.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow, once again, Whargoul saves the day. I got his UT skeleton mel script off of Jeff Parrott's UT tutorial.
  • chip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chip polycounter lvl 18
    be aware that those are UT2003 skeletons -- probably not any diffs, and for use with the the stock UT2004 animation sets i've never had a prob. however, i have had serious issues trying to append aninmation sequences to a stock set when using one of these skeletons.

also be aware that the script flips the Maya workspace to Z-up when run. that can be disconcerting if unexpected, 'specially when opening prevoius Y-up fles.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, I just want to use the stock animations, my animating skills are pretty lame. The camera seems to get a bit wonky in z-up is there any way to fix that? For example, when I focus on the mesh, the camera no longer rotates around it like I want it to, it seems to focus somewhere off in the distance.
  • chip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chip polycounter lvl 18
    yeah the persp camera acts dorky 'cause it's still set for Y-up viewing. using the viewport menu, View->Select Camera, open the Channel Box and set the Y axis rotation to 0, that should fix you up as far as persp camera manipulation. but you may also have to relocate your ortho view cameras as well -- depends on how they were set before the axis switch.