Home General Discussion

Go play Psychonauts.

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
Just picked up this game. The art is amazing. The whole game has a great feel to it. Schafer managed to make it feel like his old adventure games. Definately a must if you have a Xbox. Each level is really unique and the writing is great. I really wish more titles like this would make it out. Hopefully this will sell enough and these guys can stay in business.

Replies

• Mister Sentient
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mister Sentient polycounter lvl 18
    I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of this. It looks great. Well done to all the guys at Double Fine.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    i did, but, i didn't like it...(flame if you must, i'm just stating my opinion!)
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    i did, but, i didn't like it...(flame if you must, i'm just stating my opinion!)

[/ QUOTE ]

I will find out where you live and kill you laugh.gif

I downloaded the demo and I really dig it, I'll probably get it for the xbox since it doesn't feel right with the keyboard/mouse combo. I love the music, it's got the same lucasarts adventure game sound to it. This reminds me, I never played Grim Fandango for some insane reason!! I need to get that too!
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    well, then again,maybe i should stop playing demos when i'm half asleep...'Cause then i don't take in the full effect of the game...i just play it and don't even focus on the details of anything...i'll have to replay that one along with pariah ( i played both when i had just got home from school, and was tired as shit.)
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    the psychonaut demo was just a breath of fresh air, it is indeed something of a throwback in the best way possible. God bless Tim... it's also one of the first games in a while that is genuinely funny.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, I'm playing through it now. I picked up the Xbox version since I don't have a pc controller. The load times get annoying. Not long, just a lot of them. But everything in the game is done great. Puzzles are frustrating at times, but that's Schafer for you. It's great though can't wait to get to the end.
  • Mojo2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mojo2k polycounter lvl 18
    picked it up yesterday, loving it, altho i do think hte game play is a little cluttered, theres so much to do, but its all crammed in really tight, "oh no i'm shooting tons of lil stamp guys, and oh have to collect all thes figments! oh now theres mental baggage, but wheres the tag!! oh no theres a safe must chase it and bust it open!

thats jus a minor complaint, this game really takes me back to fun run around and do stuff games,
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah I agree, I found myself going back to levels to pick up missed items more than a few times. Beat it a few days ago. It's a short game, but for a platformer I'd say it's about average. Definately worth the price of admission to me.
  • Mojo2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok, i just finished the milkman and the play sections of the game, this may be the most enjoyable gaming experience of my life, i just can't state how freakin fun this is
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, Boyd's level is one of the best ones.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    I just got to the milkman level, trippy stuff, I love this game's engine. I got it for the PC too, because, well I dislike playing games on counsels, haha.

Though I really dig this game. It really does remind me of the old lucas arts games, Schafer did a wonderful job bringing back good gaming memories. Though the art and stylization also reminds me of Jhonene Vasquez's newer stuff, and the fact that the guy who played Zim's voice, does Raz's as well, makes it seem even more like something Vasquez would do.

Just a fun game, that really keeps my attention well.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    beat it last week, awesome game. It had a very satisfying ending.
    I only wish they fleshed out the evil dentist more.
  • Mojo2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i'm having hell in the black velvetopia level tryinn to find the last wrestler / card