Home Technical Talk

character sheets ?

Frankie V
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Frankie V polycounter lvl 18
Hay does any one know of any sites where I can find character sheets. I tried Google but all I get is D&D type sheets.

Replies

• cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    http://anime-model-sheets.com/ <-I wonder what's there? :P

Another good idea would be look up concept artist's web sites.
  • KMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KMan polycounter lvl 18
    you'd want to google for 'model' sheets. That'd get you far better results than character sheets.
  • Frankie V
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That the first thing I tried was using search terms like model and character sheets and at the least all that was returned was D&D character sheets and model sheets returned mostly cartoon image planes. What I’m looking for is at least one solid character sheet with a front and side view in the t-stance position.

Not to concern about the subject as it is for a tutorial I’m working on and all the is really needed is a subject with a well defined out line. Since it is for a tutorial I would like to have a good looking character to start with.

Guess its just the sign of the times. I remember when a simple Google search would turn up all sorts of images. Guess artists are reluctant to post their model and concept sheets in this day and age.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Kinda obvious but have you tried fineart.sk?
  • Frankie V
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yup I did check the usual suspects and although there are sheets there are none of the type that I’m looking for. A mech model would be nice or a fully detailed player model is what I’m looking for. As I said there was a time when there was tons of that kind of stuff, and I’m talking quality, but now it’s even a chore to find even “crap”.

Makes me think that maybe there is a need for this type of resource. A site that those that are interested in having their concepts turned into a 3D model can contribute model
    sheets.

Is this something that can be done here at Polycount? Maybe I’ll do it myself.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
  • Frankie V
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Hawkprey's good. http://www.hawkprey.com/tweaky.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

“That” is what I’m looking for. Thanks Mop

The artist is Hawkprey right? I want to be sure to give the artist the proper credit as the tutorial will probably be viewed by “lots”.
  • Moz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moz polycounter lvl 18
    it's hawkpreys. And he is godlike.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Might wanna email him if you're using it in a tutorial. Contact info is on his site there. I'm sure he'll be happy to oblige though, he's a cool guy!
  • Frankie V
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ya I do intend to play by the rules. Since it is going to be pimped I want to make sure I have his permission in the first place and to possibly give him the opportunity to profile a favorite piece. I’ll be e-mailing him in the next few days, out lining what I intend to do, when I’m not rushed.

Checked out his work and the guy is amazing .