Home General Discussion

Streetfighter Turbo Revival edition

frosty
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
frosty polycounter lvl 18
Should almost be illegal because it is so addictive!

Replies

• War_Destroyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    War_Destroyer polycounter lvl 18
    All street fighter games should be illegal. They are too much fun. We have street fighter alpha 3 here at work, 5:30 is usually the time Zangief gets busy. Are you playing the GBA version or the more recent PS2 and X-Box versions???
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frosty polycounter lvl 18
    Utterly addictive, playing GBA turbo rvival version, fav character is Bison, only can't defeat Bison vs Bison yet. Cammy is fun to play too! I have SFalpha also but like the revival edition better.
  • Negadeth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Negadeth polycounter lvl 18
    I've got the Anniversary Collection on Xbox, and oh yes, Street Fighter owns me.

Street Fighter 2 on the Snes was the first game I truly got into and mastered when it first came out, and I've been an addict ever since.

I just picked up SNK vs Capcom Chaos the other day, but I haven't had a chance to sit down with it yet.

Street Fighter Alpha 3 is my favourite 'vanilla' Street Fighter, with both Capcom vs SNK and Marvel vs Capcom 2 also occupying high spots in my favourite games list
    poly112.gif
  • seantree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seantree polycounter lvl 18
    SF rules, but what I'm waiting for is E3. I'm hoping Sammy shows Guilty Gear 3. They've announced but haven't shown anything yet frown.gif As for SF my fave is probably super Turbo followed by SF3:3S. I also play a good bit of Capcom fighting evolution. It feels old school with Counter characters and so on. There's just so many bad match ups in that game that my friend and I end up playing the same characters for 8 hours straight. ugh!
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    you lot should be banned.

SF on the Dreamcast with sega joysticks is the only way to play...
  • Negadeth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Negadeth polycounter lvl 18
    Street Fighter Alpha 3 is on the Dreamcast!
    smile.gif
  • mr.toast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mr.toast polycounter lvl 18
    i remember the old street fight 2 turbo game for genesis, noone could escape my guile throw technique, i suplex the person then i turn and move quickly and suplex them agian and keep going back and fourth till they died, i also had a similar manuever with vega with his climb and air throw, i was unstoppable at that game
  • seantree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken, the DC version was great. I used the DC joystick that was green white and grey, can't remember who made it. I also played all of my Vampires hunter games on the Saturn and DC. Man, those sega consoles are/were a fighting fans dream come true. It seems that the xbox now holds the title for most fighters, plus most allow for online play. Although some of the online play is wretched. GGXX#R online makes me want to rip my hair out. Getting beat by scrubs is no fun at all.
  • Ribking
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ribking polycounter lvl 18
  • ming
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ming polycounter lvl 18
    I am planning on going to evo2k5, not for the tournaments but to hang out with friends and play in the free play console rooms. I have to see if going fits with my schedule though.
  • swampbug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    swampbug polycounter lvl 18
    SFIII 3rd Strike is my personal fav.

kensa3.gif
    alexripshirt.gifdudley-sa1.gif
    akumaragingstorm2.gifhugo-stand-hit.giftwelve_intro.giftwelve_intro.gifchun-li-kikoushou.gif
  • War_Destroyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    War_Destroyer polycounter lvl 18
    MMMM.......Sprite ripalicious!!!
  • seantree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lucky bastage!!! going to evo!! the only way i get to see EVO is by buying the DVD's they've been putting out for the past few years. oh well, I may go to ECC since I only live about 9 hours from Jersey.
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nitzmoff polycounter lvl 18
    Am I the only SNK fanboy here? I just picked up KoF 03/02. 03 is pretty nice. Even thinking of getting the Neo Geo Fighter stick to bust up my office mates with.

Man, maybe it used to be because the machines never had a line, but I always found KoF to be far more enjoyable than SF.