Home Technical Talk

color management on dual monitor setup

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
Argh, I have a dual monitor setup, I used a Lacie Blue Eye Vision calibrator to create an ICC profile for each monitor but it seems like windows only lets you have one color profile loaded at a time.... I want each monitor to have it's own profile. Can anyone help?

Replies

• pyromania
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pyromania polycounter lvl 18
    When you are in the Display Properties window, there should be 2 blue boxes representing your 2 monitors. Clicking on box 1 or 2 will select that monitor. Then when you go to the Advanced properties you can assign a profile to that monitor with the Color Managment tab.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    The problem is whatever I select it always says "Current Monitor: ViewSonic VP171b-2" which has it's profile loaded, I'm trying to load a profile for my second monitor a CMV CT-722A which shows up as Plug and Play monitor.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Hmm, I don't think you should use Color Management, if that's what you're talking about with Profiles...

On my computer, I just use the graphics card properties for each monitor to tweak the RGB and Gamma values, don't use Profiles at all. I've got an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro, it's in the Color tab, not the Management tab... you should be able to set up the RGB values individually for each monitor in there. At least, I can.
  • ironbearxl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ironbearxl polycounter lvl 18
    MoP, one reason to use color management profiles is because if you use a laptop screen (like me) then adobe gamma does the trick and usually saves your settings to a profile.