Home General Discussion

EA May move Jobs to Orlando from California

Replies

• Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    That'd be cool for people around here. I hope more companies start moving in the area.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah it's interesting. And in complete opposite to Oxynarys theory in the thread about California being the future hub of development, the EA lawsuit and ramifications of, could in fact be the slippery slope of developement in actual fact moving out of California. It is after all, so goddam expensive to live and operate a business here.
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    that's interesting and scarry too. I'd prefer business to be on the westcoast but....it's nice to se ethe industry expand.

The more areas that prosper the faster the industry grows. Even if Cali loses EA employee's that can be recuped.

-R
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Yeah, the cost of living in Orlando is extremely cheap. Of course compared to the Bay area anything is cheap. It really could be a win win situation. Well, except for the poor sobs that work 80 hour weeks without overtime.
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    Hey, I was born in Orlando. I should move back there.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    And in complete opposite to Oxynarys theory in the thread about California being the future hub of development,

[/ QUOTE ]

I would appreciate you give me enough respect to read what I said Daz versus making me your sock puppet. I said other people have (and it usually is from developers in California). My "theory" was >if< this was the case, it could help to keep outsourcing down.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    WTF. It wasn't meant with any malice at all. What is up with people overreacting on this fricking board?! I get Slayerjerwhatsisface telling me to keep my 'shit to myself' and that Im talking 'out of my ass' just because Im in denial that HL2 looks as good as the U3 engine, and you spouting sock puppet at me?! Seriously.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    hhhmmm, I see the vicous irony of me over-reacting to an over-reaction. smile.gif Oh well, crappy day at the office as they say.
  • pogonip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pogonip polycounter lvl 18
    Daz buddy....Sometimes your up and sometimes your down ..bound bound bound and rebound !!

_39982492_jackalope.jpg

There are some whinney little girls who need to lift up there skirt and slap there nuts and stop taking everything so personally around here . Don't get to miffed by it Daz I think it's pretty clear your feed back is appreciated around here smile.gif

Weather would be a whole lot better in Florida then the Bay area that's for sure .
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    It was actually a truly stunning day today weatherwise. And what was I doing? Cooped up inside all day dealing with idiots. Apart from SouL of course smile.gif Perhaps that's why Im on a short fuse. Anyway thanks for the boundin' !

I actually would not be heartbroken to leave California. I never really made a secret of that.
  • johnwoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    johnwoo polycounter lvl 18
    At least you guys have sunny weather...it's damn cold over in the UK...and all I see...day in day out is rain...rain...rain....I tell ya....I feel like a drowned rat at times...and that is not good...<I do miss the warm evenings in the summer>....<sigh>

You guys have got it made I reckon... wink.gif
  • sinistergfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sinistergfx polycounter lvl 18
    It isn't all too exciting over here... but if some jobs get moved over here, more game devs might get interested in the area.
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    Daz: Didnt you know that this is the Politically Correct board these days? Did you think it was the polycount board?!

smile.gif
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    It's only politically correct if you are hypersensitive.

Scott
  • StrangeFate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StrangeFate polycounter lvl 18
    ...which a lot of people here are.
    Great platform for exciting soap operas tho.

And i think i can beat your day Daz. WHile artists etc have 3 weeks off, i have to stay at work all week doing nothing (well, working on my orc), just in case a translation emergency comes up, (i've been doing all the translation for Pariah in german/spanish and italian) frown.gif
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    I'm deeply offended by StrangeFate's remarks and demand an apology.

Where's my ice cream...I need a good cry *sobs*

-R
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
    Ill lift up ya skirt wink.gif
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 19
    BWAHAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT strangefate how many languages do you know??? omghax!

I hope everyone moves to florida, then I can start my dream company!!!! PAPER STREET GAME COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!! Blahahahahherwlfgbd,.svcz .

PaK ur the best.
  • StrangeFate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StrangeFate polycounter lvl 18
    I'd never apologize for the truth, eat it!

I speak 5 languages. Italian has been quite a pain tho, since i've been speaking it forever, but never had to write it before.