Home General Discussion

New Legend of Zelda trailer !!!

pogonip
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
pogonip polycounter lvl 18
This is why we all love making and playing games , this is what it's all about ..

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=5128&type=mov

Replies

• Phobos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Phobos polycounter lvl 18
    ooo.gif
    Simply can't wait.
  • Cubik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cubik polycounter lvl 18
    Gah! Torn between wanting to avoid spoiling anything for myself and wanting to see it....
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    oh man, oh man, dude I had to watch that 5 times in a row. Im so pumped for this title! IT'S GONNA BE SO RAD!!! AHHHHHH!!! :spooge:
  • Cubik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cubik polycounter lvl 18
    Do they tell anything about the story or is it just eyecandy?

EDIT: Just watched it! So niiiiiceeeee! I love how they tied it in with the old E3 trailer. But no new gameplay in sight...
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm so impressed. Moreso than the Unreal 3.0 stuff because this is using very limited hardware.
  • The3DGuy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The3DGuy polycounter lvl 18
    looks like a standard zelda game. thats a good thing.
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    Cubik: What do you mean no new gameplay in sight? have you ever played any of the zelda games?? did you miss the whole fighting on the plains on epona? ramming enimies on the warthog? no new gameplay, damn son.
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    omfg. WIN. ME WANT NOW
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I'm glad they FINALLY made this graphical version of Zelda. The cartoony version just didn't do anything for me. Repulsive, actually frown.gif

This new trailer looks amazing though.
  • Makk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makk polycounter lvl 18
    I need to change my pants...NOW!!!
  • Cubik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cubik polycounter lvl 18
    ghost_rider: Attacking enemies from a mount isn't new. Yes, Link can now use his sword while a-horse (or a-hog) but surely you can't see that as a huge difference from Ocarina of Time. Still, it looks damn polished, I'm just hoping for a bit more of a revolution. I also think that they should push this back to their next console and launch it along with Mario 128 (or whatever Mario game they will release when Revolution launches).

Vassago: You didn't like anything about that style? Not even the animation (which I found to be quite amazing)?
  • FAT_CAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FAT_CAP polycounter lvl 18
    Wow - that looks really great...very, very polished. Im actually pleased that they aren't waiting to release this on the next-gen of hardware which alot of companies are looking like doing with their major I.Ps.

I don't actually like playing Zelda games though as i never have enough time. i love just sitting back and watching my mates play through them every once in a while and chip in the occasional hint or help kill the occasional boss. I think I might have to even play this one from the start!

This is still not good enough new from making me forget that there wont be another Mario game for the Cube! Just give us another Mario game dammit!!!
  • pogonip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would love if it had that old school feel like the 2D Mario World games... man I would totally be a Nintendo convert . Is it just me or does anybody else want Nintendo to pull there head out of there ass and win the consol war . I just love Nintendo guess it's because they have been around since I was a kid ...same thing with Sega
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    If Zelda had the same feel as the old 2d Marios a whole lot of people would be pissed. Those two games aren't comparable in the slightest. If you want 2d Zelda back get Four Swords (GC) or Minish Cap (GBA).
    Besides, there apparently is a new 2d Mario game in the works for the DS.
  • pogonip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't know how to explain it KDR ...the 2d game were more challenging and less cutsey .. I hated Mario sunshine what an awful game when I compare it to the fun I still have playing old school mario . It is comparable when you are talking in elements of fun and just the feel and style of the games . When they went 3D it just changed ..but Mario 64 was pretty good .
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    That has nothing to do with 3d and everything to do with Mario Sunshine itself. The game suffered from repetitive level design (well, reuse of levels), lack of different themes and the fludd taking away the focus from jumping. Lack of powerups also hurt it. No power flower, mushroom, leaf...
    It's not the fault of the medium, it's the fault of some design choices. They've promised the next 3d Mario will fix those flaws.