Home General Discussion

No - come on...I mean...Voodoo Zombies?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
Can't people be creative these days?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/03/08/high_school_zombie_threat/

An 18-year-old US student is today behind bars after police uncovered his plot to raise a zombie army and attack his high school. The wannabe Papa Doc Duvalier's chilling plan was uncovered after the youth's grandparents discovered his written proposal for the outrage in Winchester, Kentucky.

Replies

• Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
    hahaha , thats amazing. basicly you arnt aloud to write stories? .. what about drwing pictures? , or thinking? 1984 anyone? thats what this guy is really guilty of, thought crime. unless he really was trying to raise a zombie army , in which case hes both mad and very funny.
  • qubism
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    qubism polycounter lvl 18
    im scared. how stupid is that...
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    orginal story
    additional information

the whole thing is stupid. like my mom said last week when i told her "what about Buffy [the Vampire Slayer]?" i think she even said she hopes the kid gets a lot of money when/if he sues the cops/state. smile.gif

it's the grandparents who need the psychiatric help. sensationalist news reports about school shootings and terror plots have obviously made them parnoid. tongue.gif

in one of my high school english classes we had to write a story placing ourselves or another person in the Civil War. some the stuff that was written would have made #model_design proud and i didn't see anyone arrested over that.

i was wondering when it was going to make national/international news outlets...
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    I bet his gran bought him RE4...

this is truely dumb. dumb dumb dumb. I've read about things like this happening in china during the peoples uprising, is this a future shock of things to come?
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    when are they going to arrest george romero?
  • Wings3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wings3dee polycounter lvl 18
    This news is soooo crazy, what ever happend to creative writing? How Stupid are adults to even think "Zombies" are going to attack a school? First of all, if I was a Zombie the first place I would hit would be a local strip club or a night club. With tons of hot chicks and confined area, the last thing you want to eat are fast moving high school kids, and bieng a slow moving Zombie, thats too much work.

Whats a Journal for? to put in all your thoughts and ideas. Unless your ideas are strictly terroristic or for some "Real" crime, then take action. It realy sickens me to think how when I was a Kid, I was bought cap guns, bow and Arrows, play knives, and bb guns, on birthdays and holidays, now all these items are Illegal to buy.

Anyone ever watch "Equilibrum"? prety soon will be living it.
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    WITCH HUNT: 2005
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    So that's the most retarded thing I've read this year.

SUPER.
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    There's something I don't quite understand in this story. If the kid is accused of making 'terrorist threats', does that mean his 'plan' (story) included him killing people in order to make them into zombies? Because if it doesn't, then that would require that authorities in Winchester, KY believe in Voodoo's abilities to raise the dead.

If his story includes an intentional mass killing, then that could be constituted as a 'terrorist threat', provided you are a suspicous paranoid with no imagination. Because otherwise, the plan would be to raise the zombie army using existing corpses, right? Which would mean that the 'threat' would be the mass Voodoo ritual -- and that would require the local laws to recognize Voodoo resurrection as a legitimate threat the the population.

I'm just sayin'.

Also, please do not let it go unrecognized that the Register write up is dripping with its own rich sarcasm: "Accordingly, a judge last week reflected the seriousness of threatening your high school with annihilation at the hands of the undead by raising Poole's bond from one to five thousand dollars at the request of prosecutors. "

Oh, man. How long will it be before someone steps in and points out that the Winchester authorities are a bunch of inbred waterhead yokels? Will they ever?

/jzero
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    hawken: but remember, there aren't any zombies in RE4. just very angry spaniards. man, why are they so angry? i need to finish the game and uncover the mystery!
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    That is just ridiculous.

Zombies are just too slow moving and stupid to do an effective takeover. Amateur. Now if he would have said vampire, werewolf, or demon army, I would have taken him seriously.

Kids now days... Sheesh.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    jzero is right in that we are not being given the full story. But it does sound suspiously Orwellian to me. Im thinking that he wrote a few stories to get out some aggresion. Maybe even was trying to imagine his group he was making into those stories. I have done the same.

Where the fuck is the voice of reason in that legal system? Jeezuz, I would be behind my child 100%.

When he gets out of that mess, he should move to a city, Get away from idiotsville.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Ryno is totally right. Werewolves would do the job a lot better. However, I guess they are harder to come by than zombies, these days.

Something I thought was funny from that article:
    "Anytime you make any threat or possess matter involving a school or function it's a felony in the state of Kentucky."

You're not allowed to possess matter involving a school! It's against the law! What matter? Eh?
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    Teh school matter. Including but not limited to the dirt your shoes pick up while you walk on a school territory.
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Ryno is totally right. Werewolves would do the job a lot better. However, I guess they are harder to come by than zombies, these days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gargoyle squads would the best choice imo, they fly and rape things like polycounters

Then again there's little interest in that lately and zombies are overrated with these zombie movies, games and mods and such, zombies will never die (then again they're already dead so that makes sense)
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    holey shit that's crazy. i'm shocked.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    This is Kentucky, mind you. I'm utterly not shocked. One of America's first of the contemporary round of school shootings was Michael Carneal in Paducah, Kentucky, and the state has been reacting to things with predictable southern-fried paranoid ignorance since then.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    holey shit that's crazy. i'm shocked.

What, the story or Cheapy's plan?

Wings3dee: Ah, yes, that action movie that stole its storyline together from 1984 and Brave New World, right?
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sundance polycounter lvl 18
    and farenheit 451 and the matrix and dark city and ... so what, it was still cool...

if you're going for a nevul army to destroy your school, you should be selling your sole to the blood god, Khorne, and asking for a squad of beserker chaos marines in return.

oo, and try to get him to chuck in a defiler, +10 points for a havoc launcher...

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    wow our government sucks
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    sundance: Khorne... Pfft. Real men summon Him Who Shall Not Be Named.
    Yeah, Equilibrium was cool as an action movie but as an utopian movie? Naah. (Though I don't quite see what they stole from Matrix, there was no mysticism, machines or bullet time involved)
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    (Though I don't quite see what they stole from Matrix, there was no mysticism, machines or bullet time involved)

[/ QUOTE ]

Trenchcoats and dual handguns. Of course, The Matrix ripped that from John Woo, who arguably took it from Sergio Leone, etc etc. I bet Christian Bale would have made a good Neo...
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sundance polycounter lvl 18
    gun-katas were original though...
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    Mishra, it ain't "our government", it's more localized than that. It's the local cops, probably genuine Roscoe P. Coltrane templates, fueled by some revved-up paranoia from Grandma. Watch for updates, in which a judge tosses out any criminal charges as virtually groundless, and then sends young Bill to a counselor.

Okay, hands up, who else wrote cheap action-bloodbath stories about students packing full-auto heat in a high school world gone horribly wrong? (my hand goes up)

Who featured their own alter-ego, and those of friends, in said stories? (my hand remains up)

Who wrote, finished, and won a prize in a school-district literature competition with one of these stories? (my hand is still up)

((Admittedly, that story didn't involve shooting any people, although it did feature my friend and I nearly shot to death by automated security bots. And this was in 1984.))

/jzero
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    hmmmm....i should have been arrested long ago for saying Fred was going to kill everybody...the teachers say Fred doesn't exist....but i know better. Besides, i can't help if Fred eats the pills my parents buy for my disorder.
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    saw this a few days ago. looks to be more than just a zombie story in his collection from Asherr's second link. those seem to be of more legitamite concern, like trying to 'recruit' students into an 'army'....

Winchester is about 40 - 45 miles from me. just outside of Lexington, probably the biggest city in KY. so this isnt some little hick ass town out in the middle of nowhere.

i wonder what trouble my highschool junior english teach would have gotten into over our 1920's Rent Party stories where every student was pushing the bounds of good taste...

dont blame Kentucky.. just the rednecks who live here. ;p
  • SouL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL polycounter lvl 18
    I've raised the dead in the past to attack my highschool.
    Things didn't go over too well, though. As it turned out.. my highschool was full of necrophiles. They just ended up having sex with the zombies all over the school.

Ever seen a female zombie scream during an orgasm? It's crazy stuff.

I eventually got in trouble and got told by the principal to cast Pheonix Downs on all the zombies.
    Oh well.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    dont blame Kentucky.. just the rednecks who live here. ;p

[/ QUOTE ]

haha - yeah, sorry man. They keep coming across the border here, tearing ass up the freeways in rusted Ford trucks with "#3" decals on the windows and nothing resembling an exhaust system, generally causing calamity, so maybe I'm a bit prejudiced against my earthy cousins from the south. wink.gif