Home General Discussion

Flash 3D Shooter

Redlemons
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Redlemons polycounter lvl 18
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=21658

Check out the article there, it's a 3D shooter made just in flash and it looks fantastic. Some of the graphics are easily on par with Q3 or even later games. To play click here http://www.rasterwerks.com/dev.public/phosphor_alpha_4_248.htm

And is that The Punisher's minigun in the game?

Replies

• hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    thats very nice, but thats not flash

thats director, and this sort of thing has been possible for about 5 years, just no one (except me and a handfull of others) can be arsed to do it.

one thing you'll notice is that even though director 8 has the ability to use directx9, it can't currently support normal maping, realtime shadows or bumpmapping. Most other things it does fine. I'm currently working on some 3d screensavers in director.
  • lkraan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lkraan polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    ... And is that The Punisher's minigun in the game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty cool.

In the credits it says "M134 Minigun model+skin by Frank "The Punisher" Castle."
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Pretty cool. I played a Flash/Director/Shockwave game similar to HL couple days ago. It was very lame.

This one is much better. The bots are smarter, and the animations are great. I get 80 fps with one bot, and 30 fps with seven.
  • steady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    i like how the sniper rifle is the blaster rifle from starwars jedi knight2
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Ok, Director IS NOT FLASH. You can put flash assests into director, but not the opposite. Director has Shockwave 3d.

Its a great prototyping tool.