Offline / Send Message
Nebuul polycounter lvl 18
Post deleted by Nebuul

Replies

• sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    If I click the link in your profile, I'll be one of your referees right?
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Fucking Spammer/infiltration marketing.
  • Nebuul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Post deleted by Nebuul
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    Well I signed up as your refered person...

http://www.freephotoiPods.com/?r=15897404

:P
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    It's like one of those pyramid scams. I hate those guys. They keep knocking my door asking me if I want to start a business and make lots of money.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Curious, how many message boards did you register on and post this same message? Good idea, though. I'm sure you'll get your free Ipod this way.
  • Nebuul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heh, it's not like that astro. I didn't just sign onto this board today. I know it only shows posts from this topic, but that's because the membership must have been wiped. I was on this way back when it was Q2pmp.

And, to answer your question, I posted it on three boards. One is a warcraft 3 gaming board. One is this one, because I know an ipod photo would be useful to you, and the other is an Audi TT board I frequent where people are always asking how to hook ipods up to their TT sound system. The only one it isn't really relevant to is the gaming board.

I'm not going around to tons of boards and spamming my info, 'cause I'm not scum. I genuinly think this is a good deal, and I only signed up for it myself after finding specific people who got their ipod as well as reading news articles on this specific company.
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Seriously, could someone lock this topic?

I feel personally insulted by this marketing shit, and everyone with some brain in his head should understand that this is a pyramid scams where a few profit and lots of people suffer (by reciving unwanted spam etc).

There is no such thing as free lunch... just ask who profits from this, and clearly that isn't mainly the few people who recive an Ipod. It is even worse, those few people are actually made into "partners in crime".

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif
  • Nebuul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've deleted the posts sine so many people here seem completely against the idea. However, if you actually checked the link before complaining about it, you would have seen that even if you sign up for the program, any spam you get is "opt-in" which means you get on NO lists unless you sign up for them specifically -- and it defaults to NO. But, I respect you guys who seem completely offended by the possibility of someone less fortunate getting something this cool for basically free, so I withdraw my info about it.

Since signing onto the program myself, I have received a grand total of 0 emails from anything other than Blockbuster confirming my membership. No spams, no solicitations, nothing. It really does look like a genuine, legitimate marketing company and not some spam king.
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    referral sites with prizes suck
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    accually, apple has done this marketing angle with the origional ipod years ago. it provides them with a test market full of users who are usually more than willing to provide valuable feedback. Think of it like a closed beta.

They are doing this with the mac mini too. My brother-in-law has recieved free stuff this way all the time. i know cuz he used my US mailing address at the time to recieve all this free stuff.

-R
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    I've had free stuff from them, and I know a few others who have got their goods from these guys. It is a pyramid scheme, thats obvious, but at least this one isn't a total scam.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Well, no pyramid scheme is a total scam but even if everyone was willing to sign on the number of non-signed people will eventually run out and n out of n+1 (whereby n is the number of other referrals required) people will be left without anyone to enter. Of course that assumes optimal coverage, most likely we'll end up with loads of people with incomplete referral lists (1 to n-1 referrals) when the pool runs out.
    And think of it, if they can remain profitable while handing out such expensive hardware, what kind of value must your personal information have?

BTW, why would anyone want an iPod, anyway?
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    I think they hope that you WON'T complete it - so that instead of you managing to get n people signed up, you get n-1, so no prize for you.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    It seems like a fair exchange for me. I have friends who've gotten tons of stuff like ipods and gamecubes from things like this. Its not like its a scam or anything.
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Its not like its a scam or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is, just not a complete one, a few profit from it to get the thing rolling.

Edit: @PaK: It is a lot different when the Apple does this with its own Ipods (because they profit from it by getting mouth to mouth advertisement and valuable feedback), or some completly unrelated pyramid scam company.