-gorgeous lighting, textures and environmnet design

Not-so-good stuff:
-player movement code

Replies

• Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    How is the multiplayer? I could honestly care less about most single player games, but good net code and multiplayer gameplay will sell me on anything.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Fun. Its meant for team strategy. But it seems more fun with DM.
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    Damn, I really wanted to try the multiplayer beta. I have a Fileplanet account but when I went to sign up it said they were out of serial numbers. frown.gif
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    OK PaK, HOW DO I GET ON THE BETA????! smile.gif
  • johnwoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    johnwoo polycounter lvl 18
    I'm really looking forward to this game, as much for the single player story and multiplayer...single player looks scary as f'ck..and very involving and multi-player...well...a developer has actually found the key to success on imho with bullet-time in multi-player...saw the trailer..looks fantastic! wink.gif
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Downsizer polycounter lvl 18
    Please tell me that it does'nt fall into the stereotypical, run and shoot everything in sight games.. I'm kind of getting bored with modern pc games.
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

OK PaK, HOW DO I GET ON THE BETA????!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Cuz Monolith loves me in a that soft, special, poopinyourmouth sorta way :P

The only better multiplayer shooter on the market will be the levels we're working on here at Threewave.

-R
  • eXpendabLe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eXpendabLe polycounter lvl 18
    oh man, I cant wait for this game.. looks awesome!
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    Accualy Ryno, the single-player will be awesome, you should give it a chance when it comes out.

-R
  • Badge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Badge polycounter lvl 18
    it looks awesome, tactical sqaud antics plus creepy little girls dismembering full grown men like flies.

yummy
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    I juat looked it up. yeah, games seem top be coming up under my nose, it sutre does look like fun, but with my shit internet, how can one have fun?

I
    m sorry about the incoherance, but I am drunk...obvious, uisn't it?
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    creepy little girls dismembering full grown men like flies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, all they need now is for her to have a home counties English accent and job done! smile.gif
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    I've read a few of the interviews with Monolith's development team regarding F.E.A.R. The story implimentation seems like it's going to have the comfortable balance of complexity and pacing that unfolds in a way that doesn't seem like a series of cut-scenes plugged in between action sequences.

At least...the game designers seems as if they understand this concept.

To me games have always have been guilty of jarring players ina way that bring you out of the immersion and no monger suspends the feeling of disbelief. Either by making intrusive cut scenes or....just not unlocking the recipe for cohesion. Dr. Dre has figured it out, and many Hollywood directors have too.

I've yet to play a game where 3 hrs later I get up an say "wow, i was really immersed for a while there and forgot I was playing a game the whole way thru! Perhaps it's because I make games and don't create hip-hop albums or movies.

Whatever...It's gunna be a great game. I can't wait.

-R