Home General Discussion

Game companies/studios

Badge
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Badge polycounter lvl 18
I got this meeting and ive got to brind a list of companies i want to work for. i really dont care who i work for so long as i get paid and it lasts ( and i can meet their expectations).

i searched a few weeks ago on my own accord to find some companies but i really couldnt find any legit studios.

if you guys know of any particularly great places that you know of, or heard of really awesome work environments id love to hear who/where they are.

and i geuss i could use as many on the list as possible cuz i think theyre just gonna spam their inboxs or something 0.o

Replies

• Badge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Badge polycounter lvl 18
    i just came across this website www.3dgamers.com
    they seem to have a decent sized catalogue of game companies, but id still like to hear of some great ones from you guys.
  • NoSeRider
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NoSeRider polycounter lvl 18
    http://www.gamasutra.com

Probably most informative.

http://www.igda.org

2nd most informative
  • RageUnleashed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RageUnleashed polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I got this meeting and ive got to brind a list of companies i want to work for. i really dont care who i work for so long as i get paid and it lasts ( and i can meet their expectations).

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure you never say that during an interview. blush.gif

Maybe we could help if you had a location?
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maybe you should think about what games you have really liked then find out what company made those...
  • Badge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Badge polycounter lvl 18
    Heh id never say anything like that. I want to make game content, after that , i dont really care what else.

location isnt really a problem, i cant geurantee i can actually get there, but ill sure as hell try.

Id love to work at the biggies such as bungie, bioware, Blizzard, and rockstar. but my personal fav is MuckyFoot, Cryptic and Capcom. I feel too inadequate to really fit in anywhere, i hope to hone my skills as much as possible while my lease is on and hopefully i have more understand as to what needs to be done to create works properly, and then i can be the best artist i possible can.

I actually finished my list.
    *so i officially transform this topic into:

"Your most desirable Studio" thread. ;p
  • Slayerjerman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slayerjerman polycounter lvl 18
    Start by honing your spelling skills. Good communication is key to working anywhere. Your posts look like they were written by someone that is (a) Under the age of 15 (b)English is your second language.

Just a thought smile.gif
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Good communication is key to working anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I would say jerry is right. Good communication is the key. It's not the 'only' important thing, but it is pretty damn important.

-R
  • da_milkman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    da_milkman polycounter lvl 18
    The studios you list in the first sentence are the cornerstones of the industry. It may be better to start small and get experience, and if you do well then those studios will open up possible opportunites.

I would use the sites we have listed in this thread, attend conferences, practice creating game art/content, and use your contacts to get the position you want.

Great start though, from what I read and hear they are great places to work for.
  • FatAssasin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FatAssasin polycounter lvl 18
    Here's a list I put together of company websites:
    http://jhaywood.com/links.htm

From my personal experience, the best companies I've worked for are Treyarch, Frantic Films (pre-vis, not games), and Gas Powered Games.

I've heard great things about Neversoft and Naughty Dog from friends and aquaintences that work there.