Home General Discussion

God of War

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
No, not Bush.

http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/god-of-war/516077p1.html

This game is looking to be what PoP:WW should have been. The combat looks nice and smooth, and the animations rock!

http://gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=498

After watching the battle with the Hydra, I'm getting rather excited about this title. Pretty damn impressive animation on that beast.

Replies

• MoP
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    That does look pretty damn cool.
  • KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Lots of gore and violence? Sheesh, is there really a need for that except to get an advertising ban over here?
  • Scott Ruggels
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    Loved what I saw at E3....LAST YEAR! (slackers).

Scott
  • ElysiumGX
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    So, does anyone expect this game to do very well? 3 years of developement is a lot of effort for a game, is that normal? After playing through Prince of Persia, I'm begging for more of this genre. God of War appears to be a journey through ancient Greek mythology. Nice.

Yes, lots and gore and violence. Back in ancient times, people were brutally slaughtered and killed for entertainment in public events. Now we live in a world were simulated blood and guts represented by pixels on a screen can get a politicians panties in a twist.

Jeez, we live in a world of effeminate morons.
  • KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    The problem is that the violence usually isn't in there for the sake of realism, it's in there for the "matureness" (maturity would mean something else, I'm referring to the ESRB rating). To make it look cool to underage buyers. And hell, it works, the media treat excessive violence as an advantage. Meh, whatever, as long as it's good to play I'll probably pick it out of the bargain bin.
  • JKim3
    Offline / Send Message
    JKim3 polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, I've been looking forward to this for a while now. The Hydra fight scene looks really cool, and the contextual kills look awesome, too. Wow, an action game not from Japan that I'm actually looking forward to.

No, the violence may not be in there for realism, but it does help to make the game more fun. Makes it more enjoyable to look at, like this one scene I saw of him pulling off an enemy's head. The thing I don't like about the game is that both weapons are whip-like. Ah well.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    I got a demo of this from EB last weekend. The controls scheme is rather unique. The right analog stick rolls you on the ground in that direction. Combat is really fun, a lot like POP. The demo is the Hydra fight section.