Home General Discussion

Stop comparing games to other games (rant)

Slayerjerman
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Slayerjerman polycounter lvl 18
Ok...

First off, I dont care if gameX is better than gameY. Stop trying to convert me. I dont care about gameX's graphics are that much better compared to gameY.

I dont care how WoW, EQ2 or any other fucking MMO handles gameplay...ect. I will not run out and buy the fucking game and pay a monthly fee to play online with you. Its not worth MY time or money to do so. Stop asking.

No matter how hard you try I will NOT join your fucking clan/team/squad/group. Stop asking.

No you may not add me to MSN/ICQ/AIM or whatever fucking chat program so you can harrass me while I surf the net when at home.

If you like gameX for whatever reason, great. Stop spouting off how great and fucking wonderful it is. I dont care and if I did, I'd probally be playing it already.

Thank you and good night.

Replies

• gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    yeaaaaah people have differing tastes and opinions on things like movies, music and games, who knew!

i sympathize with the MSN/buddylist thing. you get added onto a stranger's list and all of a sudden you are far too buddy-buddy.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Nice rant smile.gif

I totally agree with the MSN/ICQ/AIM thing... in the past I was just TOO eager to help and gave my MSN address out to everyone who wanted modelling advice or whatever... baaaaaad idea. now I routinely block people who bug me, and only hand out my address to people I actually know...

now, i reckon we should all go and play gameX to let off some steam... wink.gif
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Well if gameY got unbelievable good reviews and is getting great praise, of course gameX is going to get compared to it. It's how 'it' works. Good rant, but get over it.

As for the MSN comments, I can relate to it. Although all programs mentioned have a handy blocking tool built in that should keep you simmer and happy.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I dont care how WoW, EQ2 or any other fucking MMO handles gameplay...ect. I will not run out and buy the fucking game and pay a monthly fee to play online with you. Its not worth MY time or money to do so. Stop asking.

[/ QUOTE ]

get Guild Wars. no monthly fee. tongue.gif
  • kleinluka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kleinluka polycounter lvl 18
    What Adam said
  • acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

get Guild Wars. no monthly fee. tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    You beat me to it frown.gif
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    Who's BEGGING you for the priviledge to play WoW with you?
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    ^ my question exactly, There's gotta be a backstory behind this rant.
  • Slayerjerman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slayerjerman polycounter lvl 18
    I cant give details, but I get harrassed daily to play Planetside, EQ2, WoW, Eve online and various other games. Constantly being force-fed how wonderful WoW is and how its "so lame yet they keep playing it" and how EVERY FUCKING GAME SHOULD BE A FUCKING CLONE OF IT!!!!!!!! ARGGGGGGGGGGGGHhhhhhhhhh

Former online people i met in various games YEARS ago popping up on my various IM services asking "whats up" and "do you remember me." You know what, if i wanted to "remember" you I would have saved your name when i deleted the other 400 of you off my list i had no clue who "someonlineguy126876@aol.com" is nor do I care since i never clicked your name to send you a message in the last fucking 4 years!!! Then you have the fucking nerve to ask me to come "REZ" you! WTF?! I havent a clue who you are let alone what game you are playing..

EVERY fucking day its long winded rants about gameX's gameplay vs. gameY's gameplay. Same stupid shit. Blah blah is overpowered...blah blah was nerfed...blah blah is better than blah blah. GameX is missing this from that other game. GameY should be more like GameX. Oh we should hook up and play gameX,Y,Z...and the dreaded "oh you like gameZ? you'll love gameX and gameY then!"...you know what...if i LIKED gameX and gameY i'd likely OWN THEM. Jesus..

People nagging me in general, from MULTIPLE sources.

Im just venting. Carry on. confused.gif
  • SouL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL polycounter lvl 18
    You wanna join my Quake 2 clan?
  • RageUnleashed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RageUnleashed polycounter lvl 18
    Situation calls for some rapid-fire IM blocking. I agree, fanboys can rant about which game is better but it all really comes down to what YOU want out of your game time.

BTW can you join my Pong clan? Pong is the best game ever, it TOTALLY beats WoW! wink.gif
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    wow. to be wanted like that.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Soul: I want to join your quake2 clan.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    Lineage 2 > WoW

play L2 plez join my clan we roxs !!
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    oxy, just say the word and i can have a mob of kids IM'ing you all day and all night telling you about anything that comes to their little heads. Starting with waqas smile.gif
  • Cthogua
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cthogua polycounter lvl 18
    Hehe yeah I noticed that nobody is more opinionated than gamers. Having recently finished a stint at Full Sail, I was assaulted everyday with people comparing video cards, and laughing at people for using Intel chips and not AMDs. Then of course there's the Xbox gamers vs. the PS2 gamers, and people just being to damn picky to enjoy a game. My favorite was hearing what "owned" that particular hour. I love videogames, however when you claim that you can see a frame drop at 60 FPS, than you probably need to go outside and look at some trees or something.

peas
    James Ball crazy.gif
  • NoSeRider
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NoSeRider polycounter lvl 18
    Soldier of Fortune 2 is better then CounterStrike.

UT200 something just seems like Quake 3 to me.

Those are the only opinions I have about games.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Quake 3 is waaay better than UT2kX! laugh.gif
  • Irritant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irritant polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Quake 3 is waaay better than UT2kX! laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell yes it is! NO comparison! Woohoo!
  • Asthane
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asthane polycounter lvl 18
    Anti-rant: Quit whining. If you once gave your IM account to 400 people and they bug you, just make another damn account. So, uh, go poo yourself. Yeah... I'm not really good at this 'rant' schtick.

I envy how you apparantly instantly know about every game that you'll like though, is there some sort of magical mailing list that reads your mind and lets you know the second the game is concieved of? Where can I sign up? wink.gif
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sundance polycounter lvl 18
    UT2K4 owns Q3A for one simple reason: onslaught.