polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
tpe polycounter lvl 18

Replies

• RageUnleashed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RageUnleashed polycounter lvl 18
    Looks like same old hitman with a bit better graphics.
  • Prs-Phil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Prs-Phil polycounter lvl 18
    I like them, more going on than in the old games, better lighting, I can even see normalmaps wink.gif, a bit lowres but still enough. I also like the idea of them drawing cutscenes.

Like rage said, good old hitman with better graphics.
    We will see what they add to the game itself.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    They look like they are made out of clay, but maybe thats just me. It must be the way its lit and the way they do their normal maps because they look clay like in some shots.
  • Nostradamus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nostradamus polycounter lvl 18
    It aches me to see them try to get as much money out of it as possible... especially as it is a Danish developer.... guess that's what eidos will do to you laugh.gif
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    nostro: i don't see it that way at all. instead of taking years for some massive updates like some franchises, i'm glad that IO is making games more often with more incremental updates.

there were some things i didn't like about Contracts, but overall i really enjoyed it and Blood Money looks promising... really looking forward to it.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    Agreed, Gauss. The only thing I really didn't like about Contracts was essentially paying for the same mission content I already had from the original game. Still, it was fun, as was Silent Assassin. Between the Hitman and Splinter Cell franchises, stealth action is really dominating the third-person shooter genre on PCs, and that's fine with me because they've all been good games. Blood Money and SC:Chaos Theory are both on my must-have list for this year.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    most definitely vermillion. for blood money i'd like to see them further refine their gameplay and reward dynamics--as people have pointed out, it's a little odd to beat a mission on silent assassin and be rewarded with a machine gun--silent assassin rank should garner a good stealthy weapon, whereas especially brutal approaches like, say, killing every guard/policeman on the level would get a bonus super destruct-o weapon.

splinter cell is a great franchise but i'd like to see them take some cues from Hitman in terms of making their single player level design a little more open-ended... sam fisher now has a great bag of stealth tricks but it really doesn't make you feel all that badass when you're only able to make a strictly linear approach through a mission. actually being able to use his split jumps, cable crawls etc. in different areas of opportunity would really improve the game experience IMO.
  • tpe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tpe polycounter lvl 18
    The powers that be would be a bit miffed if i made any announcments, but i think i can say safely that your comments are not wasted.

tpe
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    tpe: your post is as cryptic as it is tantalizing. smile.gif
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    i really hope that you can keep melee weapons this time round, i wanted to kill hotel guests with my sword, but i couldn't frown.gif
  • flachdrache
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flachdrache polycounter lvl 18
    Sexy screenshots. I like`em both (SC and hirman) but iam more into hitman because its much more open / more to explore.
    As a gamer i just hope they polish the gameplay a little more and that they release more sequels/prequels smile.gif.
    New tech for Sam and crasy storys for good`ol 47.

Oh and iam the freakin Hitman master laugh.gif.