Home General Discussion

Gameart Workshop attached to Quakecon?

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
Ok, Myself, Mop and Tagheuer were talking about how awesome a game centric workshop like the conceptart one would be. But we quickly realized it probably couldn't be a standalone event because it would be rather small. So what better event to tack it onto, than Quakecon. Its rather central, many of us go to it anyway, they have a lan already set up, cheap rooms, and its fun as hell anyway.

The idea would be to get all our computers on the same row, and everyone who comes would be more than welcome to talk about what they know how to do. I would love to give demos on zbrush 2, UV mapping, texture painting, etc. I bet many of the big names would be willing to do the same. How many people would be interested in something like that? We would probably hold the demos/lectures/etc towards the end of the day when people had already gotten their game on.

I was even thinking a mini challenge would be in order. Myself, bobo, dark horizon, peppi, whoever, could make a model, either on our own or in collaboration, then pass it out to everyone there to skin using any new tips or techniques picked up at the event.

Ok, so whos up for a Polycount Games Workshop 2005?

Replies