Home General Discussion

From San Francisco with love!

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
haha.jpg

Me, Mop and Tagheuer are all sitting here in the hotel lobby in San Fran. So far the event has been amazing and I took a cubic buttload of pictures to post when I get back. Gauss, Bobo, and Dark Horizon, you all should have come you SoB's. HOpe you enjoyed the message Gauss!

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    WE'RE USING THE INTERNET!!!1

Gauss, hope you enjoyed the message... you're not really a bastard! :P

Ben scares me. A lot. Someone send me some Duck tape! SSHSHSHSHSHH. Nah, he's cool. Ha Ha!

MoP
  • Eli_Heuer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eli_Heuer polycounter lvl 18
    The weather Here is blimey.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    so close... and yet so far...
    poop.. get your ass down to cupertino and buy me that lunch you owe me from E3! crazy.gif
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    MoP: as you may or may not have figured out by now, duct tape wouldn't do you much good... Ben needs horse tranqs at the very least laugh.gif

sorry i couldn't make it poopsy but thankfully once it's over YOU CAN STOP BUGGING ME ABOUT IT. i guess until the next one. sigh smile.gif
  • cep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cep polycounter lvl 18
    SIGN ON MSN AHHHH

Have fun man, we talk soon!

Teabag Mop with love for me.
    Tell Eli_Heuer I said hi!
  • ThE_BirD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ThE_BirD polycounter lvl 18
    I'm in for the next one too Gauss... Damn this thing for being right after christmas:( Glad yer having so much fun without me stoopid Ben Bag, gimme a call so I can say hi to MoP and Eli...
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    Wow. My brain is a huge pulsating mass after some of these lectures and demos. It's really impressive, and inspiring.

Scott
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I would have like to have been there. I'm not too big on concepting really, but it sounds like a good time. I'd still like to meet you guys as well, since I just missed ya at E3 last year.
  • KMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KMan polycounter lvl 18
    I would have been there, if I had the monies, and if I didn't have a metric buttload of problems happen all week long. I'm sure I'll be seing those pics and hearing all of the great stories and people you met, weather you know them by their real names, or not.

laugh.gif
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'm sure I'll be seing those pics and hearing all of the great stories and people you met, weather you know them by their real names, or not.

laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

¬_¬ I am sooooo not name dropping in front of you when I get back... slut. 8-)
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    i knew something was missing at work.... your mouth!!! tongue.gif man its a whole other world without poop around.. like a ghost town or forgotten planet that once used to harbor life...i am not sure yet because it doesnt seem right, but i think we all miss your antics.. i have been using your cube for storage.. it has my air mattress,my vaseline and the preteen section of a JC penny catalouge..
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Any pics up anywhere yet?
  • kleinluka
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    "Me and Tagheuer riding those ottomons like there's no tomorrow"

Man I missed ottomon riding, dang. Looks like it was loads of fun. I agree with Bird, right after the holidays is tough.
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
    Looks like it was a really good time smile.gif
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    I just got back home this afternoon (18 hours in transit, 26 hours if we factor in "moon-time"!)... I'm really ill actually. Fortunately I was OK for all of the workshop, but the flight back was hell.

Anyway, yeah, it was a blast and a half.

Poop just consistently cracks me up (and pretty much everyone)... you can't be near Ben and not have fun. We called up and talked to Bobo, Bird, and left a message on Gauss' phone. I think I scared Bird with my English accent! He was kinda answering the phone in a bewildered manner, heheh.

Eli is the coolest. An awesome guy who makes awesome art. Plus he has an awesome sense of humour too, and is incredibly generous (I think he paid for all of Ben's food, ahaha!)

Shotgun is just crazy... he fell asleep behind the screen in the ZBrush conference, and got woken up by a janitor after everyone had left. We just found his sandals and didn't have a clue where he was, it was hilarious! Inside joke - "It's soooo beeaaauutiful!"

LegionaireJoe rocks, he's totally unlike what I expected, but he's also an incredibly funny guy (his accents are WAY better than Poop's!)

Scott Ruggels is the man. He bought us dinner! He also knows pretty much everything in the universe.

Aesir also rules. Me and him sat around a lot doing life drawing, fun stuff. Shame he had to leave earlier than anyone else, it woulda been cool to hang out longer.

Plus all the conceptart.org guys and gals were incredibly friendly, helpful and amusing in equal measure. Tully shoulda had the creme brulee! Ahaha! :P

Oh yeah, and I learned more than just a little at the workshop, too... can't wait to get back to university and do shedloads more art than I used to do. More than anything this whole event was so inspirational. I'm gonna start up a daily sketchbook thread on CA.org and try to keep it updated every day wherever possible.

Now I need to sleep for at least a day. I think I had an average of 4 hours sleep a night for the past 6 days. It's really catching up now with this heavy cold too, damn it. I'm going to bed! Go look at Ben's photos!

MoP
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mop similarly made me laugh alot. I loved his accent and his Gollum impression. Whats Taters, eh?
    Tagheuer was so much fun to make laugh, cause he would just crack up. "I think he might be the second coming" Was my favorate quote by him.
    Legionairejoe was all smiles the whole time, it was great meeting him and Aesir, who was ALWAYS sketching, big inspiration to see that.
    Scott Ruggels cracked me up the whole time. My favorate was the eye bulge at Chilis when we told him that a certain someone was indeed real, and not someones idea of a forum joke.
    Shotgun had the most amazing sketchbook, the dude can draw so well. He was a bit spacey though, but we love him anyway. He kept hogging the bed covers though!
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    That's because he's 12 feet tall.
  • JonMurphy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonMurphy polycounter lvl 18
    Jealous... what with Scott's notes, and now your photos frown.gif

MoP, how much did it cost you to go?
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    crap, forgot to meet shotgun... I musta saw him somewhere but I have no idea who he was..

It was a blast hanging out with all of you and I'd love to do it again sometime. Unfortunately it seems like the next CA workshop is in Prauge (sp?) and thats a bit far for me to be traveling... (I went on a 2 hour drive to get to SF btw). Anyways, was fun smile.gif
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Jon: The flight was a couple of quid over £400 for a return ticket from Newcastle -> Heathrow -> SF. Then you add the cost of the workshop, and hotels, and food... total cost was around the £900-1000 mark... I won't be doing it again in a hurry... mmm, debt!

aesir: Shotgun was the tall guy who walked around with me, Ben and Eli sometimes - he always had headphones on, and wore sandals. And his sketchbook scares me!

MoP
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    A lot... Even for me it was $600. plus about $50.00 a day (for four days in Meals and parking, because San Francisco isa wickedly expensive city full of restaurants with weird hours), and I only live 15 miles south. But it was Soooooooo worth it. I HAVE to do this again, hopefully with a bodyof work I would feel proud to show these guys (and get ripped up by pros). Oh, and for the curious, here are the notes I took during Ron Lemann 7 Jason Manley's color theory Lectures.

http://www.rdwarf.com/edbado/LJPics/2005/massive_weekend/colortheory/colortheory01.gif

http://www.rdwarf.com/edbado/LJPics/2005/massive_weekend/colortheory/colortheory02.gif

http://www.rdwarf.com/edbado/LJPics/2005/massive_weekend/colortheory/colortheory03.gif

http://www.rdwarf.com/edbado/LJPics/2005/massive_weekend/colortheory/colortheory04.gif

I also took photos, but haven't uploaded them yet.

Scott

Scott
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    i made the austin one but if it wasn't abundantly clear i didn't make this one smile.gif but thank you thank you thank you for uploading those notes, scott. i missed manley talking about color theory last time so these are invaluable, if a little cryptic smile.gif
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Thanks Scott, that's great you did that. That'll be loads of help.
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 19
    ahh, i was there too... got to meet a few of you fellas, it was good times, good memories and lotsa good art to go around.... I'm looking forward to the next one!