Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Female Sith Character, Plus a Question

Weiser_Cain
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
Sith_preview.jpg
Made this character and I'm pretty happy with it. The chest is supposed to be iron like in color with some highlights and enough damage to add character(the current color is mostly a placeholder) thing is I don't really color so I'd like a little heads up on how I should do this.
Also any ideas on what the back drop should be? Right now I'm leaning twoards a star backdrop, I just need something to show between the 'pleats' of he skirt and to help highlight just how pale her skin is.

Replies

• RageUnleashed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RageUnleashed polycounter lvl 18
    Well...I'm guessing that she's an alien... so that I guess the wider shoulders, odd hips and total lack of breasts is excusable. Over the pose is verrry flat. I'd be interested to see what this character looks like from the side, how you worked out that tubing going along her neck and shoulders, and also well that would work out when she's doing the insane acrobatics during saber duels, the tubing and torso piece look really stiff and restrictive. I really like teh torn dress thing, but the dress and the upper body elements are so different they feel mismatched, if there was an element on to tie them both together it'd make it feel more cohesive.
  • Steakhouse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steakhouse polycounter lvl 18
    I agree with Rage, as far as femininity you've pretty much opted out on most of the common traits as far as humanity is concerned. Not necessarily a bad thing, but you could further push the envelope by making him male and keeping what feminine traits you do have. It would make him seem "off" based on what our societal standards are today.

Other design notes to make; the skirt is VERY red. To the point where it's completely pulling the eye off any other part of her. If you want to keep the color that strong you need to balance it out by putting some of that color onto another part of her, like the cap, or maybe some filigree up the armor. Still the better idea would be to tone down the intensity of the color all together and use small spots of strong tone to pull the eye to important locations such as the head or hands.

If you want to emphasize her pale skin tone I would suggest some blues to give her an almost corpsly pallor. You could further this by giving her a tattoo that covers one of the shoulders and the majority of the arm. This would help break the ridged balance you have with both of the arms being the exact tone as one another as well as making the one white arm seem even more pronounced.

You might want to consider the light saber as well. Every Jedi or Sith creates their own saber as part of a major initiation rite. hers would probably be built to feel most comfortable in her hands, and trust me when I say that what she has wouldn't be comfortable to her. Her hands are huge. The saber is tiny. She would want a much longer handle with something to wrap her extended fingers around. Maybe a brass knuckle style grip toward the top (keeping it a suitable weapon even if the blade is shut down for whatever reason) with a wide circular pommel (base of the weapon) that she could cup to provide direction with her other hand. In this way she could quickly change the way her saber is traveling with a quick jerk of her other arm, as well as giving her a stable point to hold comfortably. This would work even better if the knuckle grip for the other hand was able to rotate to accommodate the direction shifts.

Anyway those are my two or three cents. You've got a good starting base, not it just needs some further exploration and improvements!