Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Mine Bot Arena Mod

You will need to get the game from here, then download the new bmps I have done, from here. Put the images from the zip into the data folder for the game. To see what it looked like before, look here.

Screenshots:
minebot_02.jpg
minebot_01.jpg

As always C&C welcome =)

Replies

• gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    nice work vig. from a cursory look over the old version, the contrast/overall visibility of your new set is what i like. smile.gif
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
    that floor background image looks like one of the textures from 3dcafe

looking good
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Looking a lot better than the original but you forgot to replace the minebot icon in the status bar, it still shows the "old" minebot.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gauss, thanks =)

Thermidor, not sure if I should take that as a complement or take offense, I so will take it as a complement. since I made the floor myself after reading this tutorial. I am pretty sure whoever made this and posted it on 3dcafe found the same tutorial.

KDR, I forgot to mention there are still some things that need to be worked on. The snakes, some of the effects, some of the boss mounted weapons. And yup (you nailed it) the icons/buy screen are still on the "un-fini" list also. But since it is 95% done I figured I would get some feedback/suggestions, before I submit it.

2d_minebot_02.gif
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
    god no , i never meant offence ... i meant it as a complement ... if anything
    im a firm beliver if your gona poke nasty (non constructive) holes at ppls work , then do it to there face , then if they feel strongly about it they can punch you smile.gif

i miss 2d games