Home General Discussion

Special LARGE FAT expense account

jack_blackSISCO
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
jack_blackSISCO polycounter lvl 18
Special LARGE FAT expense account for this show. (Was there any doubt for what this is?) This is for all you Special effects junkies out there. They pour millions into the production and get great results.

http://www.vfxsoup.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=17

Replies

• Mojo2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mojo2k polycounter lvl 18
    are we going to start geting updates everytime a stargate cast member goes to take a dump also? i mean it may be some cool stuff in that article, but you are seriously starting to creep me out
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    It's just a cyberscan shoot. They're pretty cheap these days. I wouldn't let the fact that they are 3D scanning an actor fool you into thinking that this show is going to be high quality.
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    My lecturing friend was telling me about seeing a 3d building scanner last week in Hull (I think). Its like 2 theodolites that laser scan a building and build up a point cloud. Sounded cool, but I'd hate to be in charge of cleaning up the data.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    They pour millions into the production and get great results.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    Eyetronics was founded out of The University at Luven, Belgium in 1998 by 3 people that were looking for a cost effective and efficient way to do 3D images of people and objects with a portable solution.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like the show is too shitty to afford good 3D artists. A better result can be made with an experienced 3D artist, and a cheap digital camera. Your letting this obsession get to your LARGE FAT head.
  • jack_blackSISCO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX, I think it's more that they don't want to deal with trial and error when they can get exact perfection to the very precise contours of the model needed. Modelers are great, but precision and accuracy is cheaper this way.

Thats right ElysiumGX, LARGE, FAT, BIG, AND ROUND. The ladies love it.
  • jack_blackSISCO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh, ElysiumGX, Also, I never said they pour millions into this machine. Just millions into the show.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    aren't there stargate forums that would be more interested in this?

i'd suggest you post there to get the response you're obviously looking fore.