• ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    yes, that article wasn't scary at all.

funny how it didn't mention SARS

from another article:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Scientists say the best way to control the disease is to make changes in the way animals are raised for food

[/ QUOTE ]

hey that sounds familiar.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    whoa, i think the Government is in cahoots with the birds...they want us to all burn! BURN I SAY!! BURNN!!!!
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
    "In 1968, the Hong Kong flu pandemic is also said to have killed around one million."

muwahahahaha I was in 1st grade....and I'm still here!!!
  • CCPhil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CCPhil polycounter lvl 18
    hehe this may sound evil but 7 million people isnt that much if you see it at a global scale.
    Also like mentioned in the articel it will hit the poor countrys the worst. Old people stand under a very high risk because their body cant resist a new virus like that.

This virus killed 50 million people in the EU around 1918 because that was the first time it accured and they had absoluteley no idea what they where dealing with.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    7 million people isnt that much if you see it at a global scale.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the media loves using large numbers like that to scare everyone. Isn't 7 MILLION!!!...about 0.001% of Earth's population? Bush uses the same tactic when talking about job growth.

All things considered, I see this as population control. China is getting too crowded.
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    it's 0.11666666666666666666666666666667 percent of the population of earth. :/
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ooops. Added too many zeros to my world population.