Home General Discussion

Galaxy Rangers

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
Ok, so no one remembered it in chat. Which made me feel suddenly ancient. Anyone remember and was a fan of:

Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers

To those not in the know. Think Cowboy Bebop mixed with Star Wars and a Marvel Superhero comic. Throw in some good drama, westerns, and backstory. You have the Rangers. smile.gif

(And decent animation [with minor bits of simple CG])

Replies

• sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sundance polycounter lvl 18
    yes, i rmember it, mostly due to the fact that i had the comic book that marvel UK produced, i didn't see the cartoon until later.

shane 'goose' gooseman, the gentically created super soldier, who could sample any danger and the with his series 5 implanets become immune to it.

zachary foxx with his bionic arm which with the series 5 implants could unleash an energy blast.

walter 'doc' smith, the computer expert

and niko, the telepath.

the robotic horses, the bad guy with the bionic eye lazarus slade, captain kidd the bird like alien pirate, the evil queen of the crown, the phoenix-N space yacht. BETA the berau for extra-terrestrial affairs. yup.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    I had some of the toys, I know I had the Zach Fox one.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    I remember bits of it but no details. No story, no characters, etc.
  • pogonip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pogonip polycounter lvl 18
    http://www.loony-archivist.com/rangers/main.htm

Never seen it but the animation looks pretty cool, The artwork is awesome you can totally see how animation art like this influnced artists like Jim Lee and how the whole Image style came from Japanese made cartoons like this and Macross nerd.gif
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Yes I remember it, too.

But I guess they showed it on German TV a bit later than they did in English-speaking TV... and I was quite young when I watched it.
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sundance polycounter lvl 18
    the UK comic only ran a short time, the stories were nearly all one off stand-alones, and included one about zachary foxx trying to get back the soul crystal-thingy that his wife was imprinted on, a story about doc getting caught and pased off as a murderer and one about a iddy biddy robot assassin that controlled people's minds, and then there was a two-parter about the rangers leading a strike force in an attack on a pirate base and goose got shot down and stranded on a planet with a buncha loser pirates. they also did an annual with a couple of text stories in and a couple of strip stories, one of which was about goose and his two telepathic dolphins fighting undersea claim-jumpers or illegal miners i forget which.
  • ndcv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ndcv polycounter lvl 18
    I didn't remember this show from the name, but clicking on pogonip's link, everything came flooding back... that show rocked!
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    Never saw it. I'm sorry to say. Looks promising for an 80's cartoon, but my local market was very hostile to adventure cartoons.

Scott