Home General Discussion

Pariah game trailer

JBoskma
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
JBoskma polycounter lvl 18
The teaser trailer of Pariah has been released yesterday at www.pariahgame.com Thought I'd let you guys know smile.gif

Replies

• KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Does anyone care about that game?
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    To put it a little less bluntly than KDR... I haven't seen this featured much in magazines or websites ... so either it's gonna be a surprise hit, or it's gonna get more media attention soon... or it's gonna sink without trace.

I hope the former, since I know a lot of polycounters are working on it. The screenshots and the stuff in that trailer looks pretty good, i like the characters, guns and vehicles but sometimes the landscapes are looking a little uninspired.

Who knows eh. I will wait for a demo and see what it's like smile.gif
  • Sett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sett polycounter lvl 18
    "In a world..."

Ya know when you go to a movie and you sit and watch the trailers. Some of them when you watch it, you know that this is going to be piece of shit just by the trailer.

Just reading the overview I can pick out the cliches. Future, check. Prisoners, check. Some Bio-weapon/disease involved, check. Angry/loony doctor, check. Earth-all-fucked-up, check.

The vehicles look all wrong. They look like they belong in UT2k4. If this took place on an other planet ok. But on Earth 1g=1g.

Sorry for the meanness of this post but I getting very sick of same thing repackaged with a fancy new engine. The assets are pro. But so was Doom3's. Games with no plot are ok (Serious Sam, PainKiller) but if you are going to give it one. Hire a REAL writer. Don't let the AD, Producer, Project lead come up with it.
    If you let them write at least rip-off a good author. There is 60+years of high quality SciFi out there.

Did I see SpeedTree in some of those shots?
  • spacemonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spacemonkey polycounter lvl 18
    I am hoping it plays well as I havent been excited by the trailer. I dont think the art style is distinct enough to establish the title from other scifi games - but that doesnt mean shit if its fun to play. For example visually Doom3 is nice.. but system shock 2 is 10x as fun to play even with its uber low poly graphics.
    Give us a fun and rewarding game experience and I will buy it.............. laugh.gif
  • Mojo2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mojo2k polycounter lvl 18
    speed tree rocks, , i'm looking foreward to trying this game, and i know lot of others who are, i see nothing wrong with cliches if they are fun