Home General Discussion

Big News

jack_blackSISCO
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
jack_blackSISCO polycounter lvl 18
This certainly may be old news to some but most defiantly not me of coarse. A little heads up. Those who love the beloved movies affiliated with my avatar, if you love those films, go see “Incredibles” and get there early enough for the previews. Lots of excitement around here for that.

Replies

• Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    hrm. thanks for heads up.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    Rumor has it that the trailer will premiere on the internet sometime that Thursday, the 4th. Additionally, I've also heard that it will be shown in its entirety on one of the TV Hollywood variety/celeb shows - I think Entertainment Tonight, but I'm not certain.

In 1998, I went to the theater just to see the EP1 trailer - had to buy a ticket for The Waterboy, as I recall. Not quite as enthusiastic about things this time around, but I'm not 22 anymore either, so perhaps that's to be expected.
  • jack_blackSISCO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    trust me guys........this movie is chill bumpy and good....I think fans will , as Lucas has already stated, be satisfied. http://www.theforce.net has already stated the specifics of the trailer. Just the words spoken alone at the beginging are chilling a long past due. I fyour a die hard fan, you'll clap in exitment as people did for the first Spiderman 1 trailer.
  • lkraan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lkraan polycounter lvl 18
    Can't wait for it!
    If the script of the trailer (more a teaser) on theforce.net is correct then I am very suprised that they show so much stuff already.
  • Mojo2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mojo2k polycounter lvl 18
    i will see this movie, but i am in no way looking foreward to it, i recently purchased the originals on dvd, and they just reinforce how bad the new ones are, the only bits in the dvds that come close to being as cheese ball as the new ones are the crap that was added in his "special" edditions.. these fuckers are so special they ride the short bus ,, yeah we really neede to see a complete cg pop video in RotJ, lucas seems to think that the original star wars fans instead of aging, has un-aged, and are all now 5 years old and just want to see funny cg things dance and fall over. the trend started with RotJ i think, (the weakest of the 3) and just escalated.

just my opinion on the subject,
  • jack_blackSISCO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i see what you mean. The movies have become stupid and lucas's sad attempt to update them over and over again is not helping one bit. What he needs to do is re-release the ORIGINALs. I think fans will be happy if he did that over all.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What's just astounding to me, Mojo, is that Lucas couldn't content himself with using his amazing technology and what have you to fix all the flawed visuals - he felt the need to fuck with the content instead. So we get the bullshit Han and Greedo scene, followed by that horribly hackneyed Han and Jabba scene (with the godawful Boba Fett 'smile for the camera' cameo), but I'll be damned if we can get Obi-Wan's lightsaber fixed once and for all. I don't mind the 'new' ending to RotJ, I think it makes more sense in tying the series together, but I didn't need (a) Gungans shouting "weesa free!" or whatever nor did I care for (b) Anakin's ghost miraculously de-aging 20+ years because Lucas thinks viewers are too dumb to understand who the spirit is if he doesn't look like Hayden Christiansen. Bleh.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Can't wait for it!
    If the script of the trailer (more a teaser) on theforce.net is correct then I am very suprised that they show so much stuff already.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not surprised; I feel Lucas shot his wad too soon with the EP1 trailer as well. Without question, the single best dramatic 'power' shot Lucas has produced in this whole series is the hanger door opening on Naboo for the reveal of Darth Maul and the double lightsaber. I got chills the first time I saw that, it was such an aggressively composed shot, and Lucas gave it to us six full months before the film was released :/
  • Mojo2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mojo2k polycounter lvl 18
    exactly verm, you could take a turnd and glue a big fat neck on it and i would show it the same amount of respect that i give lucas now days
  • KMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KMan polycounter lvl 18
    Well, I'm planning on seeing the Incredibles anyhow, so this will just help to round out the night.
  • jack_blackSISCO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you read The force.net, and various other places on line, you can get the general description of how the trialer plays out. Lord vader: Yes Master: Riiiiiiiiise. Thats like the first few lines spoken in black nothingness and then you get all these random Ep3 shots which most of us will look at frame by frame. I know i will.

Screw the script. We know the acting is bad and will always be bad. Look fo rth estory, plot, and over all feel. The effects to me are jsut a bonus. Was i looking fo reffects with the originals?. Nope.......too young but still, i remember the story not the effects.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Haven't seen episode 2, not sure if I'll see episode 3. I see enough commercials watching regular tv. Not sure I need to pay to sit through a 2+ hour toy and merchandise commercial.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    After seeing Ep1 I haven't seen Ep2 and won't see Ep3 as I'd like to keep that SW feeling a GOOD feeling and not having it ruined by Ep3.
  • jack_blackSISCO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    huurrmmmmmm. As bad as the scripts are, the storys are still good
  • spacemonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spacemonkey polycounter lvl 18
    Lucas is transforming into a toad.. have you seen his neck???
    I'd pay good money to watch a group of nasty kids throw him high into the air and have him pop with the pressure. mad.gif
  • lkraan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lkraan polycounter lvl 18
    Yesterday the Ep 3 teaser poster was revealled.

20041028_1_bg.jpg

I saw this 1 the other day on TFN that I think is much cooler...

epiiibanner.jpg
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    I'm looking forward to the Incredibles so I'll see the trailer but I expect the (dare I say it) last Star Wars episode to be as shite the the 2 preceding it.

I recently bought the new trilogy and the trend of Lucas making or turning old classics into shit just continues to get worse and I see no reason why that will suddenly change.

That said, I'm looking forward to seeing some nice Light Saber ballet, I just don't expect to care who lives or dies at the end of each set wink.gif
  • jack_blackSISCO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    1st is legit......2ng is proven a fraud.