Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Divine Sword Design

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
TJWON polycounter lvl 6
Hi! Haven't posted for a while!

I recently decided try my hand at participating in Swordtember and decided to design a sword from scratch instead of modeling an existing concept. The goal here isn't really to produce a design daily to be honest, but to simply try concepting in 3D.

I developed some basic lore for the design: the sword is an angelic weapon meant to carry the 'word of the divine.' Its design features a face and rings resembling soundwaves to represent this. However, the blade has become twisted and red, with eyes protruding from it, symbolizing its corruption after being used brutally to slay demons.

looking for any critiques with regards to the concept sculpt design at this stage! tks for viewing this post!

Replies

• VanishingVestige
    Looks cool! I don't specialize in weapons so I'm not the best for criticism here, but I find it interesting and like the bit of story you have for it. I think the rings for the soundwaves are maybe just a bit too large, but thats it. I like the design & the idea behind them! I especially like the part that wraps back towards the handle, very interesting shapes there

• TJWON
    Offline / Send Message
    TJWON polycounter lvl 6
    Tks for your comment! Yeah I can reduce the size of the soundwaves! will develop the model more as well