Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Feedback needed] Sci-fi Environment Art - Games Art Student

Hi, this is my first time on Polycount. I'm looking for some critiques and what you liked based on the screenshots of my level.

Thanks! :)

Replies

• ThisisVictoriaZ
    Offline / Send Message
    ThisisVictoriaZ polycounter
    Hi, welcome to polycount! Right off the bat id say your composition is interesting, id be interested to see some concept art of any references you're using! Your lighting is looking a bit intense as far as brightness which is leaving everything feeling flat I think, and your textures look very low res. Some of your rocks also appear to be having some artifacts or baking errors? Or maybe your normal maps are messed up, either way your textures aren't really helping you here. Your scene would also benefit from having some smaller props and different types of foliage, scattered around to help it feel more real and lived in.  Its a nice start but I would reccomend comparing it to other similar environments to see what you can add or improve on. https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Yag5OK
    For Honor - Map Canopy - Entrance

for example this environment also has buddha statues, but also has some bamboo, shrines, and ferns framing them and helping the viewer understand where this is taking place. They have a stone path but it isn't painted into the terrain, rather its modeled in so that it looks intentional and casts a shadow, etc.