Home Career & Education

Whats a good course to start with likeness?

Title, i saw the course of Sefki Ibrahim and looks insane, but obviously as he specifies thats not necessarily a course for beginners, so i was wondering what's a good place to start with likeness so i can progress to that course and not get lost.

I know my way through zbrush, maya and substance painter, so im not starting from 0, but i am starting from 0 for likeness.

Thanks!

Replies

• Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    i wouldn't recommend to pay for a $600 course from an expert that only has 15 hours of video for a task that requires hundreds of hours per asset. 

That seems more like a course that may be helpful if you are already pretty far along and are looking for a push to get to the next level that you can't get to on your own. 

If you are a beginner I'd first focus on just getting generally familiar with 3d by running through tons of project based tutorials you can find on youtube. You can build up your core likeness skillset by studying human anatomy. You can practice that both in 3d and with figure drawing.

• carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    If you can't sculpt a generic head then start with skull ,basic head and feature studies When you can sculpt a generic head then you have to work on your observational skills[aka getting as close as you can to actually reference start with simple things like fruit/veg then face profile... ] and then finally you can try basic  likeness. That's the point where you can start shopping for advance tutorials