Home Unreal Engine

Pivot Point issue inside UE5

Hey guys, I need your help!

I’m animating my pistol model and I stuck on the hammer part.

I messed up from the start because my pivot point was way off when I just imported it so I had to place it manually and when I animate it, the start and the end frames are fine but the middle part is off like if it was animated around different pivot (yes, I pressed Set as Pivot Offset after placing it and changed Pivot point inside Animation mode).

And you can see the gray path is miles away from my model. I’m just starting with UE5 so would appreciate your help.

Replies

• Dethparade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright, I did solve it and it was on the surface except only one thing. You have to enable Modeling tools Mode inside your Plugins window, then you go to XForm and Edit Pivot, set it, apply, done. Hope I could help

• poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    I'm glad you have it fixed but I'd usually advise against making that sort of change in engine if it can be avoided.

This is mainly because If you decide to re-export that asset the change will be lost but there's other ways it can create a pain point later (animation, using the source file as a template for other assets etc. )