Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Theodor Obreja - Necromancer Character Feedback

Hello everyone, I will start this thread to post my weekly updates for my Necromancer project. I am really looking forward for your thoughts and feedback!

The main focus of the project is the necromancer, the playable character. I wanted to create an elaborated character, to show the development stage throughout the game and the possible customisations.

To ease my workflow and focus on the 3D modeling, I AI generated the concept art of this project using MidJourney.

Necromancer Character Background and Design:

For this character I will make three types of garments to represent the low level, mid level and high level types of armours. For each design, I gathered real life references, materials and textures, to help me have a realistic result. I also created colour pallets to ease the texturing process alter in the workflow.

Low Level Garment:

Mid Level Garment: 

High Level Garment:

In the presentation demo, the necromancer will have the mid level armour. The other two garments will be presented with turntables and detailed renders in the final presentation.

I started working on the 3D model of the necromancer. For the base of the character, I used an Unreal Engine Metahuman which I customised as close as possible to my design. Afterwards, I imported the model in Maya to get rid of the unnecessary functions, in order to make my workflow much easier.  With the model ready and clean topology, I imported the character in ZBrush where I started sculpting the anatomy details and make the body resemble a skinny necromancer.

Necromancer Body sculpt - Work in progress

Necromancer Head Details - Work in progress

Necromancer First Garment - Cloth Topology

Necromancer Garment - Work in progress

Necromancer Garment - Cloth Detail

Necromancer Garment - Head Detail

Really looking forward for your feedback on how I can get this character on the next level and what things I can improve and focus one. I will keep on updating with my progress throughout the development of the project.

Replies

• kai67
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey there,
    Your Necromancer project sounds incredibly detailed and well thought out! I love the idea of using different garments to represent various levels, adding depth and progression to the character. The use of AI-generated concept art is a smart way to streamline your workflow and focus on 3D modeling. Absolutely amazing. Using AI for concept art is a smart move. For feedback, consider focusing on textures, animations, and lighting to enhance realism.