Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Cozy Doughnut Shop

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Opusgeo polycounter lvl 6
 Revived a neglected portfolio piece that earned a “WOW 😍” from my biggest supporter, my wife! 🎨 Through various projects and mentorship roles, I’ve mastered hardware, software, art direction, and project management in last few years and of course still learning is why I love this industry.
Getting ''WOW'' from loved ones are not critique. So here I am ready to get whipped! 

This specific scene is just an artwork, not game ready models so don't mind the polycount. I create these kind of scenes for mostly ''Match 3 Puzzle'' genre. So I am looking for more of composition, lighting, coloring, shapes etc. feedback.

Crafted in Blender 4.0.2. Polished in Photoshop.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/kQq5dy

Replies

• Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    wife is right, it's a big wow, besides just the pleasant look of it, it looks like a product image of a toy like you can reach out and touch it. I think that's a very appealing look for that genre

oh you asked for critique. hard to come up with anything, but maybe the floorboards going perpendicular to the cabinet panels is 1% disharmonious? 
  • Opusgeo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Opusgeo polycounter lvl 6
    @Alex_J Hey thanks. When I create an artwork, I focus on creating Toy-like scene and mix it with realistic shader and lighting. I try to make it look like a kid animation movie poster but I actually focus on making adults wow. Glad to hear it! and thx for the cc!

• zetheros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zetheros polycounter
    *cracks whip* the tree leaves are too noisy, make the leaves bigger and more simplified for better results! The surfaces of the cabinets touching the walls are often not like the surfaces facing into the room, and are usually flatter and not painted, you can maybe even add pipes/electrical/utility details here.