Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character Design for Critique

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Hello guys,

I am new this community. Looking for some feedback for my design. Please feel free to critique my game character design - https://www.behance.net/gallery/180357369/Afgisblade-Mythical-warrior-character-design

Replies

• cho_binz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey!
    New here too, first post! Good to meet  :)

Looks awesome! the lighting and rendering are great. Sorry, no design critique but I have some drawing feedback:
    When it comes to areas of improvement, the arms and hands stand out to me.
    I think you could add a little more structure to the forms. They look a bit bubbly and might benefit from a few harder edges.
    The right hand grasping the spear is coming in at an awkward angle. It kind of breaks perspective in an otherwise solid drawing.
    I attempted some drawovers. My anatomy is not excellent, and you'd do well to improve on it, but I hope it demonstrates some of the points I mentioned and helps you out in some way!

Great work!

• ediiie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cho_binz said:
    Hey!
    New here too, first post! Good to meet  :)

Looks awesome! the lighting and rendering are great. Sorry, no design critique but I have some drawing feedback:
    When it comes to areas of improvement, the arms and hands stand out to me.
    I think you could add a little more structure to the forms. They look a bit bubbly and might benefit from a few harder edges.
    The right hand grasping the spear is coming in at an awkward angle. It kind of breaks perspective in an otherwise solid drawing.
    I attempted some drawovers. My anatomy is not excellent, and you'd do well to improve on it, but I hope it demonstrates some of the points I mentioned and helps you out in some way!

Great work!

Hey!

Welcome! Great to meet you too 😊

Thank you so much for your feedback, I really appreciate it. I'm glad you like the lighting and rendering!

Your points about the arms and hands are really helpful. I see what you mean about the forms looking a bit bubbly and the right hand's awkward angle. I'll definitely work on adding more structure and harder edges to improve the overall look.

Looking forward to seeing more of your posts and learning together!