Home Technical Talk

Zremesh narrow geometry i.e. branch tips?

jiggywattart
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
jiggywattart polycounter lvl 6
I've been experimenting lately and no matter what I do, I always get bad Zremesh results for narrow geo
i.e. adapt, curves, color density, scale the mesh x2-x4
Starting to wonder if there's even a solution inside Zbrush or whether I should just manually retopo the tips and weld them on. Any advice would be appreciated

Replies

• Alex_J
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    you can duplicate the subtool, inflate those problem portions a bit, do the remesh, and then project from the original to get the desired shape back
  • jiggywattart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jiggywattart polycounter lvl 6
    Ah thank you! I guess it's just a limitation of the tool. Was dreading the thought of manually retopoing the area.
  • Fabi_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fabi_G insane polycounter
    Could create a few separate branch modules which can then be used multiple times to detail the tree. To create unique shapes, deformers could be used and/or a tiling segment repeated along splines.
  • zetheros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zetheros interpolator
    those floaty bits are from zremeshing a dynamesh with mangled geometry at the tips. Normally I solve this by Polygroup>Autogroup. Select the tree with Ctrl+Shift+LMB to hide all of the tiny mesh floaters. Ctrl+H to delete hidden. Now Geometry>Modify Topology>Close Holes. You can now smooth out some areas manually with the smooth brush, and zremesh again for cleaner results