Home Marmoset

Some parts of FBX Object aren't Showing in Marmoset

Hi, everytime I import my fbx model into Marmoset some of the parts aren't showing up. In Blender everything looks fine and when I imported the same model into substance painter everything showed up fine and I was able to texture everything without issue. Does anyone know what the problem might be?  

Replies

• Fabi_G
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Fabi_G insane polycounter
    Hi! I find it hard to say from the images alone. Did you triangulate the model?
    Ideally share your mesh, or a part that gives issues.
  • crayz4pnutz
    I didin't triangulate the model. Is that necessary for Marmoset toolbag to work properly?, but here is the wireframe of my mesh. 
  • Fabi_G
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Fabi_G insane polycounter
    Without triangulating, you leave it up to the different applications, meaning shape and shading and shading can differ between them. If the shading is different between baked to mesh and rendered mesh, the normal map wont match, leading to errors.

So in short, I would triangulate (in Blender, triangulate modifier) and check if that solves it.

Edit: To illustrate my comment, a screenshot of a test mesh in Toolbag3, based on my interpretation of your wireframe. Non-triangulated on the left, triangulated on the right. See how the concave face of the untriangulated version resolves in a way that covers the opening. I believe that's happening here. 
  • iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    Sometimes i get flipped faces, so you can check that by going to the object name (if you labeled them) selecting it and clicking the back-face option on the left.  (For me) they come in usually normal flipped, If you tried all other options you can try this one.
    Notes : you have to fix the issue, clicking that option will not fix the issue but show you the geo is imported just flipped.
    update: Only know how to fix in max, reset x form, collapse stack, edit poly re-export, perhaps importing things into blender and using it's exporter might alleviate the issues without all the extra steps.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, at a minimum you should triangulate very complex ngons. You don't necessarily need to triangulate quads, but if you're baking normal maps it's a good idea to do that for the low poly.