Home Technical Talk

Zbrush to marvelous scaling

Sylvy12
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Sylvy12 polycounter lvl 3
Hey guys, does anyone have a technique that can help me get my zbrush character into marvelous designer with the same scaling?

I've always had this problem when starting a character and its been hell, trying to figure out the workflow for this scaling issue. 

Replies

• CheeseOnToast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheeseOnToast greentooth
    Zbrush is slightly weird in that it works in generic units, rather than in defined metric or imperial. What this means in practice is that something that's 2 units tall in Zbrush will import into Maya at 2cm tall, and Blender at 2 metres tall as an example. Maya's default unit is cm, blender's is I think metres (don't quote me on that though).

Danny Mac has a nice short video explaining the basics of it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E1H_HYtuWc

If it's still not working as expected, post again and I'll try to help.

• Sylvy12
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sylvy12 polycounter lvl 3
    Zbrush is slightly weird in that it works in generic units, rather than in defined metric or imperial. What this means in practice is that something that's 2 units tall in Zbrush will import into Maya at 2cm tall, and Blender at 2 metres tall as an example. Maya's default unit is cm, blender's is I think metres (don't quote me on that though).

Danny Mac has a nice short video explaining the basics of it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E1H_HYtuWc

If it's still not working as expected, post again and I'll try to help.

Hello! Thank you for the reply, I have tried this unfortunately it still does not do it for me,

however I made a workaround, by importing marvelous designer model onto my Zbrush and then scaling my model in zbrush. This work around worked for me but in the future I hope to find out what causes this.

Thank y ou for the reply again!