Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Modelling Help

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
HOWESYYY polycounter lvl 2
Hi there 

Was looking to model something a bit more organic and wanted to model the candle holder and not quite sure how to go about starting it and was hope I could get some help with starting this model 

Replies

• Fabi_G
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Fabi_G insane polycounter
    Hi! I'd say it can be split into cylindrical/tube-like and organic/ornamental parts. For the highpoly, the ornamentals could be created from separate meshes, then re-meshing and polishing once the shape is good. Since the organic parts are quite flat/planar, another approach could be to create an alpha of the ornamentals, use filters to get the desired profile, make a 3d mesh from the alpha (Zbrush has a function for this, simple approach would be to displace a dense mesh), then polish.
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    check artstation for asset packs with tons of filigree bits like this. You could probably kit bash and then dynamesh it together in zbrush and just smooth our the transitions, or sculpt a tiny bit if need to make it look like it was welded.

if you have to make it manually I'd do a curve -> tube mesh operation and then dynamesh again in zbrush to finish up. just take time before you start to identify the common elements so that you can make a minum amount of parts and then just duplicate them around. If you duplicate them as instances that is nice because you can make batch edits easily before doing the destructive work in zbrush.