Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sega Game Gear

ScottHoneycutt
polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
ScottHoneycutt polycounter lvl 14

Few things here: 1) Mostly curious about what you think of the texture. I'm going for in between too clean and overly dirty. In my experience, super clean doesn't sell, but overly dirty can seem too easy. 2) It's a low poly/mid poly hero asset, I kept a lot of edge loops to preserve the silhouette. 3) I'm unfortunately bothered by the D-pad's inaccuracy. I sculpted that part freehand without a template, thus it's off (directionals are too thin). 4) Still in Painter and still need to put scanlines into the screen.

Thanks

Replies

• ScottHoneycutt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Update here. 1) I added more distinct scratches around the edges of the model. 2) I re-did the dust, placing it more specifically in the crevices, while making it louder. 3) re-did the screen protector with new spots and scratches 4) Added the scanlines and emissive to the screen. 5) Removed some of the wear all over n the cleaner sections and made it a touch glossier. 6) Re-sculpted and baked the D-pad.

I'm debating on making a dirty and a clean version.

Thanks!

• ScottHoneycutt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Huge difference taking this into Toolbag!

Trying to be as intentional as I can with the details. I'll sleep on this and consider it possibly done tomorrow