Home Technical Talk

Interactive feedback for heavy multi-scattered nature related subjects?

gnoop
sublime tool
Offline / Send Message
gnoop sublime tool
Every modern render has interactive view but once you do something really complex of gazillion of instances  like  rocks covered with actual 3d moss tiny sprouts   or grass or   a mountain landscape with trees,   somthingr  scattering and transmitting light  through   all  the  interactive renderers  I tried turn into ugly mess of pixels progressing  to something you could use as a real visual feedback so slowly   you can basically forget the word "interactive".

I use Octane render sometimes   but since it's GPU  you have to look at black screen  for a minute or so before  any picture appears  and then  there hardly anything interactive , all the tweaks you can do is so lagging  you better  stop it , then tweak then wait again  till something will appear in you render window.

They recently added "scatter node" that  works really interactive  in the render view and don't need any proxy in your modelling view at all   but it's mostly useless because can scatter only 4 kind of objects and for something complex it's so much pain in your a... to set up  it's  unusable.

I understand  that  I wish something impossible probably  but does anyone know a proper 3d soft/ render combination where it's easy. convenient and pleasant to work with?     Houdini/Octane?     Cinema4d/redshift ?     any cpu render? MAx/ Corona?

Replies