Home Technical Talk

Tileable Texture UV Issue/Seam

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Sloth_42 polycounter lvl 2
Ello ello,
Im having issues with my WIP trim sheet/texture atlas im making for a building. Even though the UVs are perfectly lined up there is still a seam in the texture when looking at it in Maya. 

The texel density is 1px/cm and the building is divided into 2mx2m UV shells with a bunch of support loops to make the tileable texture work (or not)

Any solutions or tips and tricks are very welcome as this is really holding me back.

Thanks in advance :) 

Replies

• Kanni3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kanni3d ngon master
    The texture does not magically tile in the middle. Tileable textures usually repeat/tile from the extreme left end to the extreme right end of the texture.

You have your 2nd UV starting 60% the way through which won't line up with anything. Since it ends at the extreme right, you can select the yellow uv2 and flip it horizontally, and that should solve your issue.
  • Sloth_42
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sloth_42 polycounter lvl 2
    Kanni3d said:
    The texture does not magically tile in the middle. Tileable textures usually repeat/tile from the extreme left end to the extreme right end of the texture.

You have your 2nd UV starting 60% the way through which won't line up with anything. Since it ends at the extreme right, you can select the yellow uv2 and flip it horizontally, and that should solve your issue.
    Thank you Kanni! I think that should work. Anything beyond that is probably a texture issue :)