Home Technical Talk

Maya's Couture like plugin, for Blender? (MD workflow)

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Aydhe polycounter lvl 5
Hey Guys, i wonder if any of you could help me.
Basically, because of how Maya is set up at our studio, about 1/2 of Couture plugin doesn't work and I've been looking for some alternative, but reached dead end. I wonder if anyone knows of some plugin that works similar to what couture does, ideally for blender as it's something I can install without any conflicts. 
https://gumroad.com/l/rVWY

General purpose of plugin is as following:
-Import highpoly mesh from MD
-Flatten garments to match UVs (store morph target of original shape)
-Export clone for Zremesh/retopo
-Import remeshed object
-Skin-wrap remeshed clothing to highpoly
-Morph back to stored more target
-Subdivide and project details.

If anyone is familiar with anything like that, i'd be really grateful if you could drop a link.

Cheers! :)

Replies

• lluc21
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lluc21 polycounter lvl 5
    Tex Tools for Blender has an option called create UV mesh, but I don't know how complete or if it is what you're actually looking for as I've never used it tho.
    https://i.gyazo.com/53c53b89c7ba0de3b50d874bccd4885a.mp4
  • neilberard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    neilberard polycounter lvl 17
    Aydhe said:
    Basically, because of how Maya is set up at our studio, about 1/2 of Couture plugin doesn't work

I would try contacting the developer and ask for help. Have you looked at the script editor / output window when running the plugin, are there any error messages?
  • Aydhe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aydhe polycounter lvl 5
    Aydhe said:
    Basically, because of how Maya is set up at our studio, about 1/2 of Couture plugin doesn't work

I would try contacting the developer and ask for help. Have you looked at the script editor / output window when running the plugin, are there any error messages?
    Problem is related to our maya sourcing plugins from another location, that's on locked share drive. Not from the default plugin location. I've managed to make it work by mixing it with standard workflow w/o plugin... but it's not exactly convenient.

neilberard said:
    Aydhe said:

I see potential in that.

• neilberard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    neilberard polycounter lvl 17
    Aydhe said:
    Problem is related to our maya sourcing plugins from another location, that's on locked share drive. Not from the default plugin location. I've managed to make it work by mixing it with standard workflow w/o plugin... but it's not exactly convenient.
    That shouldn't be an issue unless your work strictly prohibits 3rd party plugins. You can always append a folder to Maya's plugin path. I would find the location of the plugin, and then write a startup script or env file that adds that folder to the MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH env variable so every time you run Maya it recognizes the plugin location.