Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Need feedback. Stylized Environment.

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
MikeKhine greentooth
Hello friends. I'm almost done with my personal piece and I will appreciate your feedback. Thank you so much)

Replies

• InvaderRoxas
    Offline / Send Message
    InvaderRoxas polycounter lvl 4
    Sweet stuff! I really like the composition you've got going on here, and all in all its really coming together!

Some suggestions I would make: If you're going for a stone brick/tile sort of look for the ground, I would make it more consistent with the stone brick of the building. The styles are too different from each other and it's a little distracting, but overall the stone on the castle is the strongest of the two. I might also go for a more stylized approach with the rocks as well, as the texture you've got now looks too realistic for the style you're going for. 

I'd also be interested in seeing some contrast with cooler lights! I like the orange-ish lighting you've got now, and I feel the contrast between lights/darks is pretty well balanced, but having a cooler light somewhere in your composition might help it pop more. You've already got a start with the teal-green flames, so it would be cool to see what you can do to push that more. 
  • MikeKhine
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeKhine greentooth
    Sweet stuff! I really like the composition you've got going on here, and all in all its really coming together!

Some suggestions I would make: If you're going for a stone brick/tile sort of look for the ground, I would make it more consistent with the stone brick of the building. The styles are too different from each other and it's a little distracting, but overall the stone on the castle is the strongest of the two. I might also go for a more stylized approach with the rocks as well, as the texture you've got now looks too realistic for the style you're going for. 

I'd also be interested in seeing some contrast with cooler lights! I like the orange-ish lighting you've got now, and I feel the contrast between lights/darks is pretty well balanced, but having a cooler light somewhere in your composition might help it pop more. You've already got a start with the teal-green flames, so it would be cool to see what you can do to push that more. 
    Thanks for your feedback, InvaderRoxas. It helps a lot.

I will correct the color of the floor as well as rocks. I got the moss vertex painting on the rocks, maybe that's why they look too realistic.

I understand your point about lights and agree with you. I will use cooler lights for shadows.

I'm open for feedback, guys, thanks a lot for your time!
  • Ashervisalis
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    It looks sick!