Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Stylized Map Kiosk

triangle
Offline / Send Message
labeeb triangle
so i started with this concept art by Mikael Yousifov
i decided not to use the blueprints on the side since most of the concept art do not have those blueprints.

Then i blocked out
after which i sculpted the tiles and woods
then created the tileable plank material
then after some baking and texturing came up with this
this is my first stylized environment, i would love to know your opinion, i will surely take it in account on this project and my future projects.
thanks.

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Looking great! I wouldn't call it done yet. One thing I'll note for your future stylized stuff: push the shapes a little further. Make things a little more curved than you're comfortable with. Your model is missing a bunch of things though. Maybe up the saturation of the wood. I would suggest making the background white to match the concept, instead of a white floor and black background. I think a little more work and it would be a cool and cute portfolio piece.

• labeeb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    labeeb triangle
    naah its not done yet, but i thought it would be a good idea to ask for feedback along they way, i see the exaggerated shapes you have drawn surely that seems like a good idea, blender has lattices to deform objects so that should not take much time.thanks again, should be posting next version in a few days with the remaining pieces
  • labeeb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    labeeb triangle
    so this is what i did over the weekend, maybe i will add some drop shadow in photoshop, dont know whether i should texture the leaves in painter or leave them as they are, will take a couple days rest so when i come back maybe i can see something that can be better, still i would love to hear your opinion.
  • labeeb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    labeeb triangle
  • Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
  • VesaN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VesaN triangle
    Looks great! I can imagine the environment this would belong to. Nice and inspiring job.