Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Stylized Character - zBrush, Blender, Substance

Hey there everyone! My name is Marcel and I'm currently learning a 3D workflow to create game-ready characters. Never really sculpted before, so I'm following different tutorials online. The workflow I want to try out, since I have all the programs required available is sculpting in zBrush, retopo in Blender and texturing in Substance Painter/Designer and Photoshop (and probably rigging/animation in blender too). 

I thought it would be a good idea to create this thread in order to stay motivated and by chance get some constructive feedback from more experienced 3D Artist like you guys.. Would be really happy for any kind of advice or feedback! 

Heres what I usually do: 
https://www.artstation.com/pistonhit

I started blocking out the character with simple shapes as subtools in zbrush and sculpted this base-mesh. Always looking at references for anatomy. Also I already retopoed it via zRemesher to get a clean topology and projected the details from the previous mesh onto it.

This is the current state. I used masks to extrude the different parts as separate subtools. Also worked from Spheres and other primitives. There are still some clothing parts missing tho, so I'm continueing by creating them and then detailing everything. The character is supposed to be some kind of tribe member. the armor is made of robust/enchanted wood and fur. I'm probably adding one or two more materials like metal and bone for the accessories and weapon (probably a sword).

Replies