Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Free tutorial: Making a Roof Tile Texture (In the style of Half-Life 2, Dishonored, etc...)

polycounter lvl 16
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Minos polycounter lvl 16

Hi everyone!

Here's a tutorial that I made, that I'm now making it pay what you want/free. This tutorial contains a valuable piece of information that I believe will improve your texturing game!  I start with a high poly base in Maya, export my maps, and finish the texture in Photoshop, by using a combination of hand-painting and photo-sources. Even if you are only familiar with Substance or Mixer, it really pays off to have this knowledge in your arsenal. I find myself jumping from SD to Zbrush to PS all the time to accomplish what I want, and it's very freeing to be able to do so.

Pick it up on my Gumroad now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVfDkosTom0

If you enjoy the content, please take a few seconds to leave a rating on Gumroad. (Just go to the product page after you acquire it, and the rating option will be available). This will greatly increase the visibility for this product, and help make my page more popular!

Cheers!

Thiago

Replies

• kohg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kohg polycounter lvl 9
    Are these some of the techniques you'll be using on your upcoming spanish villa tutorial?
  • Minos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Minos polycounter lvl 16
    kohg said:
    Are these some of the techniques you'll be using on your upcoming spanish villa tutorial?
    Some of it yes, it all depends on which kind of texture I want to make. Some I just make straight in SD, while others I make straight in PS, or start with a bake etc... But this is how I create most of my textures.