Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[COMPLETED] - UE4 The Cantina Incident (Inspired by MAFIA Environments) - Feedback and CC needed

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
jaikumar140 polycounter lvl 4
Hello Folks!  :)

I am working on creating my portfolio project based on inspiration from MAFIA Environment. As this is my first big portfolio project, I'm hoping to get feedback and Critiques from your guys along my journey of completing it. As of now, I'm aiming is to complete it in the next 1 month or so.  So, I will Plan my asset details / Texture details accordingly to the timeline.

Idea is to make similar Night Scene and to focus only on the right side of the image mainly BAR and SideWalk on both sides. The designs of the building and other objects will be changed during the process of this environment creation to implement my own idea as well.  :)

Here are is the main inspiration image and my initial basic Blockout of the scene. I will post my progress regularly here for your valuable feedback. Thanks in advance. Have a good day, evening, night!  :)

Inspired Environment Mood and Scene: (Source: FANDOM)

UE4 Scene Blockout:

Replies

• jaikumar140
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys!

It's been a while. I've created modular pieces and currently working on Tileable textures.

So I thought to post some of my progress on how the basic models turned out with modular pieces. Your feedback is really appreciated! :) 

• jaikumar140
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is the update on the progress of the scene that I'm going for. As it is still WIP, more to come. C&C, Feedbacks are really appreciated. Thanks! 
  • jaikumar140
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • jaikumar140
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • jaikumar140
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update of the Scene.. Please suggest if there is something can be improved. I'm also planning of doing night scene of this project as that was the original Idea. Further updates will be shared upon progress.

• teodar23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 sublime tool
    The lighting is kinda flat and has too much ao. I suggest toning down the skylight contribution.
  • demigodssw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    demigodssw greentooth
    It has started to look good!! the pink car Is looking a bit futuristic though at least the backlights are.  Also noticed the bar look very clean compared to the concept U have provided which looks more grungy.
    Maybe this material might look better

and maybe this level of weathering

Notice the damage on the corners. U can use a decal on the corners for this.
    Something Like this might work
    https://quixel.com/megascans/home?type=decal&assetId=uduncigcw

Maybe you already planned on adding these details at some point in the future.
    Good luck!!
  • jaikumar140
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @teodar23
    Thanks for the tip. Will work on improving the light and toning down the stuffs. 
  • jaikumar140
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @demigodssw
     yes. I decided to reduce the grunginess after some point to make it look like the building is active and managed well. Even though I was trying to match the composition of the original concept. I went for real-life buildings as a reference like this jut to give my own ideas in the scene.

However, let me try to add some variations to it to see how it look. Also will work on car lights as I matched the Pinkish color from the game reference.  Thanks a lot for the reference, really appreciate it. ! ":) 

Real-life reference of bar I went for: 
  • jaikumar140
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

I am happy to finally call this Environment as completed (even though any art can be improved a way better always).

The inspiration for this environment comes from amazing environments from Mafia 3 where the artists bring the fictional city of New Bordeaux into a life based on new Orleans. I managed to complete this project during my spare time aside from other regular work.
    I created everything in this Project (Except the car for which I used downloaded base mesh and customized and textured and Leaf textures & Decals from Megascans). Lighting is fully dynamic.
    In this Unreal environment, I've tried to capture the key references of New Orleans and the french quarter to have a similar feel and bit of storytelling.
    My sincere thanks to the Polycount and Discord communities for providing feedback throughout the process when I asked for it. I decided to restrict the video only to the Night scene for avoiding repetition of the scene except lighting. Hope you like it!

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/oAWB5L