Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Kinda Cyberpunk Foodtruck

Worraps
node
Offline / Send Message
Worraps node
Hello, 

This is my very first attempt at creating a game asset, I'm trying to make everything right for this project and learn as much as possible from it, so that once I will have finished it I'll be able to follow the workflow easier, to get more time to creation and less to technical struggling ! I went for a bit stylized style in modelisation, to stick with the concept wich is the following : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/J9vz8a .
I took some liberties, since my goal was to base the model on the concept but also have some creation time. I added details like pipes, grids, to get a more cyberpunk look. 

I consider that I'm done with modelisation, lowpoly, UVs and baking ( the biggest challenge was definitly to get the bake to work as good as possible ). I'm still working on the texturing, I still have to add more storytelling details like graffitis on the closed rolling door, and of course the logo and the menu ( the menu inside the frame on the back part, the logo on the big wood sign) . I still have to work on these wood sign, they are not as detailed and polished than the reste, especially not as "destroyed" as the rest. I'm working on the logo, I'll create a different one from the concept, as a graphic design graduated that would be a shame not to try something here ! 

Here are some pics, rendered in real-time Eevee render : 

Also, I still have to figure out how to add the little square grids as you can see in the highpoly :
I think alpha texture set as a plane would probably do the trick, but the goal of this project is to take it to Toolbag then Unreal, and I don't know how to get this trick to work in these software ( since I'm learning the pipeline while I'm doing this project so this will be the next step), also considering that would add one more texture set just for the grids I guess. I just hope they are no big beginner mistakes here that could make me have to redo everything !

Have a great day, thank you for reading.

Worraps

Replies

• teodar23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 sublime tool
    Hey,
    I dont know about marmo but in unreal you have mesh decals. Look into that. I guess you can do floating planes with transparency for marmo, just give them a slight distance from the base mesh so that you dont get z-fighting.
  • Worraps
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Worraps node
    Thank you @teodar23 I'll look into that once I'll get to Unreal Engine step ! 

Here is an uptade to show you the ( I think ) final design. I still have to learn Toolbag and Unreal to get a profesionnal presentation of the work ! For now, pics of the model rendered in Eevee, since it is realtime I think that gives you a good idea of what it could look ! Any criticism or feedback are welcome of course

Considering this is my first work ever with Subtance Painter and the global game asset workflow, I'm quite satisfied with the result. Still not sure about the wood sign though, maybe I should lower the normal intensity. 

Have a great day