Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] The da Vinci Decoder - Interior Environment

Rav4
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Rav4 polycounter lvl 3
Hey, so did a blockout and shape blockout for a new scene inspired by the comp above.
story about to explain is bit of a mouthful lol so bear with me and of course if something doesn't make sense let me know I'll try clarify best as possible.
Changed the story from a regular apocalyptic one and added a bit a sci fi twist. So quick rundown of the backstory. Set in a late 19th/early 20th century. James Carter an archaeologist soon to be retired stumbles upon a object that sparks great curiosity and tries to study it. He's also obsessed with da Vinci paintings, thinking they hold great knowledge. Around this time a small asteroid hits the planet, and it carries a virus that spreads around the globe. James strongly thinks that the object he possess is an ancient artifact and of alien origin and could be connected to a certain da Vinci painting. Little side note, so this artifact was brought by a civilized race of aliens that wanted to help humanity (it has the ability give longer life and can harness considerable capability of the mind). But another race of aliens wants it for themselves for their betterment. After discovering/awakening the artifact the malevolent aliens wants to eliminate the humans and take it, via the asteroid and the virus. So basically the story moment here is James, after being obsessed with the artifact, is trying to decode its true meaning while the evil aliens discovered its location.
so the motivation for the abandoned feel was that this was one of James' older houses, like a retreat kinda place. And also wanted to learn how to break down a mood like that.
here it is

let me know what think you what works what doesn't and what I could do to improve I'll consider all suggestions.
here's the original piece https://www.artstation.com/artwork/RYXX4y not going for a 1:1 recreation but taking it as an inspiration.

Replies