Finally finished this scene! Thanks so much for all the helpful tips and critique! https://www.artstation.com/artwork/d8KEde
Had a little one week break after my last project but I'm ready to start another one now. Found this awesome concept on Artstation to work from.
So started with a super basic blockout in Unreal using primitive shapes to get scale and composition matching with the concept (which I seem to have lost the image for). After that, I Made a basic modular kit for the house, again using really simple shapes and making sure it was similar scale to the simple cube I used in the primitive blockout.
I'm also keeping on top of the lighting from the start, so have added in the basic skylight and directional light, as well as sorting out the lightmaps for the modular kit.
Then I modelled the addition parts of the house, including windows, doors and corner trims.
Next I'll add an opacity map for the fencing around the house before cleaning up a couple of lightmaps and moving on to the trees.