Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Critique and guidance - need Portfolio improvement for freelance work

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Theo Bod polycounter lvl 8
I need your wise guidance and judging to improve my portfolio for freelance work!

Hi all. I would like to move slowly from full time into freelance territory and would love to hear your feedback on my portfolio:
https://www.artstation.com/theobod 

What should I add? delete? improve?
I know it depends on the job I would love to do, but I'm also lost in what direction to take.
Therefore, based on the projects I have now on artstation, for what kind of freelance jobs should I apply first?

PS: I work for a CAD software company but I cannot post anything from there on artstation.

Replies

• jose.fuentes
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    My initial thought, is that I have no idea what you do.  Your artstation title says artist, its a pretty broad statement.  My first advice would be to figure out what you want to do, and then have your portfolio cater to that.  Second thing as you are editing your portfolio, remember, quality over quantity.  3 amazing pieces is better than 10 mediocre pieces.  Good luck! 
  • Theo Bod
    Offline / Send Message
    Theo Bod polycounter lvl 8
    My initial thought, is that I have no idea what you do.  Your artstation title says artist, its a pretty broad statement.  My first advice would be to figure out what you want to do, and then have your portfolio cater to that.  Second thing as you are editing your portfolio, remember, quality over quantity.  3 amazing pieces is better than 10 mediocre pieces.  Good luck! 
    Thank you Jose :) I changed my title for now to 3D Generalist. I think it fits the best.
    Can you please go more into details about my pieces? People tend to remember the weakest pieces, so I want to delete those.